05 | Your Laugh

I let out a light groan at the sound of my phone ringing, waking me up from my sleep.

I rub my eyes and slowly take in my surrounding. I sit up and realize I'm in my home but sleeping on the living room couch.

My phone was on the floor next to the shirt I had on last night. I grab it to see Changbin calling "What?" my voice was groggy, my eyes still half-open as the bright sun shines into my apartment windows.

"I kinda have bad news" I roll my eyes and sit back, running my fingers through my messy blonde hair.

"Good morning to you too dad"

"I'm serious Jisung, meet me at the club in an hour," Changbin said sternly. I nod and get up, walking to my room and stopping at the door.

Seeing a sleepy-looking Minho sit up from the bed with messy hair as he rubs his eyes tiredly. "I'll meet you in two hours"

"What? No, Jisung I said an hour-"

"And I said two, see you then" I hung up as Minho looks up to me. His eyes roamed my exposed chest before I spoke up.

"Morning," I said, still standing in the doorway.

"Good morning" He had a smile on his face before looking away and rubbing his forehead. "I regret my decision to drink last night"

"You had fun, isn't that what matters?" He hums and nods.

"Felix and Hyunjin are nice, I like them" I give him a small smile, walking up to him and sitting beside him. "Changbin's intimidating"

I laugh loudly and shake my head "No you got him all wrong, he's a huge softie" He looks at me, smiling bigger. "What?" I stop laughing.

He shook his head, his ears turning red. He was shy. Looking down he says "I missed your laugh" His eyes slowly looked up to mine.

I didn't know how to answer that, or how to respond. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable" My brows furrowed as I shake my head.

"No, I just don't know how to respond to that" I chuckle awkwardly, scratching the nape of my neck.

"I should go, I have work in a few hours" I nod, and he gets up and starts collecting his things.

As he was walking out of my room I realized I wasn't ready for him to leave my presence. "Wait-" He stops and looks back at me, "Do you want to get breakfast? I-I mean you don't work for another few hours and if I don't eat now then Changbin will try and cook for me and honestly he doesn't cook good" I rambled, feeling nervous for the first time in years.

He laughed and bite his bottom lip while nodding. "I'll get some clothes on, and if you want you can use the other bathroom to freshen up" I offered,

"Yeah, thank you" he walks away and I assume to the bathroom. I lay back and sigh loudly.

"I need to stop feeling like this, he has a boyfriend" I mumble to myself. Getting up and going to the bathroom connected to my room. I brush my teeth and wash my face, trying to make it less obvious that I had a hangover. I put my hand under the water to wet them before running my finger through my hair, trying to tame the mess on my head.

I soon walk out of the restroom and grabbed a black graphic tee, I quickly change out of my black slacks and pull on some jeans.

I walk out of my room to see Minho standing by the door on his phone. He seems the sense my presence and looks up, putting his phone in his pocket.

His eyes roam my body for a few seconds "Let's go" He nods and I walk past him, putting on my shoes and walking out the door.

We walk the halls and make it to the elevator "First time seeing you not dressed up" I look down at my outfit. "I like it"

"T-Thanks" I clear my throat. This is the second time today that he's made me nervous. Fuck me.

The elevator dings and opens up to the first floor, like usual the lady at the front desk nods and I do the same. Her eyes go to Minho for a second and look him up and down. Judgy bitch.

I put my hand on the small of his back, gesturing him to the right where the garage was. "My car is parked in here" He nods and I see how he harshly swallows.

As we walk I look back at the lady and glare at her, making her look down.

I pull my hand away from the blushing male and walk to the garage.

We get into the car and light music plays immediately, joining the tension in the air. "All this money, for owning a club?" He says as I pull out.

I look at him briefly, not understanding. "Huh?" Before the bright sun can hit my eyes I grab my sunglasses and put them on.

"I just mean you live in an expensive building and own expensive cars, I didn't realize owning a club makes you a lot of money" I swallow and nod. Keeping my eyes on the road.

"A lot goes into it but a lot also comes out of it I guess" I didn't sound so sure but I was hoping he didn't ask further questions.

What was I supposed to say? I also run an illegal business with Changbin and sometimes kill people. Yeah no.

"Do you still dream of being a florist?" I ask after a moment of silence. The light was red so I turn to him.

He looks at me, his eyes sparkling "You remember?" I chuckle and nod.

"Of course"

He smiles and nods adamantly "Yes, it's still my dream"

The light turns green and I reluctantly look away from the smiling male and continue our drive.

It's easier now to picture him owning a flower shop. It suits him. When we were younger I could see it but I thought with time he would go a different route as he grew up. Looking at him now and seeing the sparkle in his eyes, I'm now realizing he didn't change all that much.

His laugh was still sweet and his eyes were still big. They sparkle even in the daytime and even when he was suffering from a hangover. He still blushed when I touched him. He was the same boy I met in middle school and the same boy I loved in high school.

And that is what will fuck me up, the fact that I was looking into his eye and not caring that he broke my heart years ago...

Shouldn't I still be upset? Shouldn't I not want to see him again?

We both got what we wanted right? We got the closure we needed, yet we're here about to have breakfast together after a night of partying.

This shouldn't feel right, this should feel wrong and we should have said our goodbyes this morning... hell, we should have said them last night.

Maybe it's the fact I had no idea where this will lead that terrifies me but at the same time, it excites me.

I have my best friend back but it so happens to be my ex. I wasn't sure which one to take him for at the moment...

Was he my best friend that once knew everything about me or was he the boy that broke my heart?

Going back to the past in the next chapter!!
I haven't given much info on how they were when they were younger except through short flashbacks.

They aren't so different from their past selves, even though Jisung begs to differ when it comes to himself.

Also i've been on vacation so this one took much longer to put up because I haven't found time to read through it and edit it.

If you waited, love ya.