11 | Dead End

The old wooden floor creaks under my foot as I hold up my gun, looking around the room "Clear" I sigh, dropping my gun.

"The whole house is cleared, they were here no more than a few hours ago," Chan says. I walk out of the house feeling the heat of the summer creep up. The sun beamed down harshly as I wipe the sweat from my forehead.

"Doesn't matter, this is another dead end" I shake my head, growing frustrated.

"Hey, we will find him" Changbin walks in front of me. "Stop stressing" He chuckles. How can he be so calm? I shove my hands into my pocket and grab a cigarette, lighting it and taking a long drag.

I lean on the abandoned house, it was in the middle of nowhere. No sign of life around, the only thing was that it was surrounded by trees which made it hidden.

"What are you overthinking?"

"Y'all don't find it weird that he hasn't made a move yet? It's like he has everything planned out and he's just watching us like we're some game" I say, putting the cigarette back between my lips.

Chan shrugs "Or he's just as lost, I mean look at the place it's not at all neat and it looks to me like they left in a hurry"

"True, but don't let it get in our head too much or we'll go insane and actually allow him to attack." Changbin looks at me more seriously "Meaning no drinking or any of that shit" I roll my eyes.

"For your information, I haven't had one sip of alcohol for a few days now"

"Really? And have you done anything else?" I scoff and walk past him and to the car, throwing my cigarette down and stepping on it.

"Whatever, let's go" I get into the back seat, not feeling in the mood to be drilled with questions if I sit in the front with Changbin.

Chan gets in the passenger seat and Changbin get in the drivers seat, I pull my phone out and send Park a message to meet me at the club in a few hours. The drive here was an hour and a half but it felt like it was hours long.

Changbin started the car and drove away from the house, in all honestly it was a mess. If I was plotting on fucking up a person's life then I'll be hiding in nicer houses, maybe not completely hidden like this one because it's obvious but blend in. A neighborhood with families maybe, a yard, and most likely two stories. If things go well, make friends with the neighbors. Don't make yourself look suspicious and hide from them.

Maybe he was just as lost as us, maybe he had no leads.

"How was your date night?" I look up from my phone to see Changbin look at me briefly through the rearview mirror.

"Not a date night," I said plainly, looking back down at my phone.

"Come on, give us more than that" I heard Chan say.

My mind went back to last night, the ride to Seungmin's house wasn't completely silent. He talked about the Flower shop and how he imagined it to look. He thanked me over and over even though I told him not to. When we finally got to Seungmin's he didn't get off right away but talked more. About everything and nothing. He asked me how my day was and I answered, telling him how I've been stressed lately. Then we talked about the night and how he enjoyed it and the food was delicious. At some point, he said how he was gonna pay me back but I would never accept it. It grew late and he finally got off the car, not before giving me another hug goodbye.

"Drop me at my place, I have to get my car and head to the club" I ignored their groans as they didn't get what they wanted.

You would think the car ride would be quiet. In the beginning it was, light music played, then Chan connected his phone. It started with head bops, then mumbling the lyrics. Now we're here, I was rapping and Changbin and chan were hyping me up as we took turns.