26 | Tell Me, Please

⚠️CW: MENTIONS OF ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, AND ABUSE⚠️

I turn around and the harsh lighting of the morning sun shines in my eyes, I open my eyes—squinting.

I lay on my back, trying to escape the light. My eyes closed again as I tried to drift back to sleep until I noticed something.

I sit up and see the other side of the bed empty, I look around the room and nothing changed—it was just how it looked last night.

For some reason, a pit grew in my stomach as I slide out of the bed and let my bare feet hit the cold floor. The apartment was quiet, enough to where you could hear anyone walking around and I heard nothing but my own steps.

I didn't bother to look in the bathroom as I walk out of the room and my eyes go to the couch, where I see Minho sitting. Head in his hands and still half naked, with only a pair of sweatpants on but the upper half of his body was bare.

"Darling?" My voice came out gentle, I didn't want to startle him.

His shoulder rises as he took a deep breath at the sound of my voice, walking around the couch and looking at him curiously.

He looks up from his hands but not enough to look at me in the eyes, they looked straight at the tv ahead. His arms were still propped up on his knees as I noticed his eyes shifted around.

"Is everything okay?"

To say I was worried was beyond an understatement. We finally slept together last night and it felt now that he regretted it.

I look for signs of tears in his eyes but there was none, his eyes held no tears or any signs of them at all.

I decided to sit beside him with a small sigh, "Is it about the last ni-"

"What do you do for a living?"

I froze, his voice came out hoarse from the lack of talking after waking up and that led me to realize he's been in his head this whole time.

I look at him as he still stared ahead. "What?". I tried not to sound afraid but I was. I knew this was it.

Finally, he turns his head and he looks at me. I saw nothing, he didn't look scared and he didn't look mad, nothing was held in those big eyes of his.

"Other than the club, what are those businesses you own?"

His eyes stood on mine, they didn't waver and his voice didn't hesitate.

"Tell me... tell me what you've been keeping from me" I can hear the impatience growing in his voice.

I look away from him and inhale sharply. "I don't feel it is the right time darling"

"Don't call me that!" His voice was now raised as his patience was no longer there. Standing up, I look at him as he runs his fingers through his messy brown hair. "Not now Jisung, don't call me that!"

His voice was breaking and the tears I was searching for moments ago were now making an appearance. He's been trying to keep it all inside.

Minho points to the coffee table and that's when I notice a familiar folder, "Someone came over and left that"

My eyes stayed on the folder "You looked in it didn't you?"

"Yes", my jaw clenched "Just tell me, please"

My focus got blurry as my attention stayed on the coffee table, Minho walking in front of me. Grabbing my face in his hands, his eyes now red.

"What does Jae have to do with any of this business shit you do?"