09 | It's Business Baby

My fist meets the punching bag for the last time. Sweat rolled down my forehead as I grab the punching bag, feeling myself grow dizzy.

"Slow down there, your not looking too good" I turn my head and glare at Chan who puts his weights downs and walks over to me.

"I always look good" I walk away from the punching bag and go to the benches, grabbing my water and taking a drink of it.

"You know I've noticed a common theme here" I put my water down and give him a puzzled look. "You only ever ask to join my workouts when you're not on speaking terms with Changbin"

"You're wrong, this time I just want to spend time with my favorite bartender" He squints at me, "Favorite until you stopped serving me during the day"

"So you came to convince me to feed your alcohol addiction"

"I'm not an alcoholic-"

"Sure" I glare at him, making him laugh loudly.

I cross my arms "I drink when I'm stressed"

"You always stressed Jisung" My jaw clenched, "Look I wouldn't have listened to Changbin if I didn't agree with him. I've worked for you since the Club opened, I see you more than I see our regulars"

Wow, that's sad.

I didn't feel like having this conversation and it honestly wasn't the reason I asked to join his workout. I needed to work out and Changbin was busy spending time with Felix. I couldn't just call Minho because I didn't know his work schedule, I could find out but I decided to find things out a little more normal this time... like any person would.

Couldn't call Jeongin or Seungmin because it all still feels weird to have them back in my life. I still wasn't sure when I'll see them again. That night we spent joking around and there were a few moments where we would catch up on something but the topic changed more than I could count, which I found helpful. It kept my sober mind distracted.

"I haven't drunk in a few days" Chan looks at me, smiling widely.

"Really? That's great" Didn't drink but also didn't stay completely sober either. "Now coming to think of it, I haven't seen you at the club at all these past couple of days"

I nod "Yeah, I've been busy with other things. I haven't had much time to go to the club"

"Other things or other people?" I chuckle and shake my head.

"No, just business things" Chan knew about the illegal activities Changbin and I were involved in, simply because he was also involved in them. Mostly all the workers at the club were involved.

"Any leads by the way?" I shrug, letting out a sigh.

"As you know we let that guy go, he had told us they change locations every week. Not staying there longer than that and he gave us where they were staying but when we went to it was already empty. He gave us a few other locations and some other details some of the tech guys are looking into but that's about all"

"Aren't you mad he gave you no good information?"

I shake my head "He told me what he could and I know this because we may have found out his wife's name and threatened to kill her if he didn't tell us all he knew" Chan shook his head with a chuckle.

"You are one vile fuck" I smile at him and shrug.

"It's business baby"

-

Chan opens the door and gestures for me to enter, making me send him daggers. He laughs as I walk past him and into the unfamiliar cafe.

I was instantly greeted by the sweet smell... and a sweet smile that dropped at my sudden presence. The brunette's eyes ranked down my body, I had showered and changed at the gym. I was now wearing a white tank top that exposed my arms and jeans.