52 | Dear Darling

One Month Later
I walk into the apartment. It was just how we left it. Clean and neat... warm.

I inhale sharply and continue walking. "I'll wait here, take your time" I look back to Felix and he sends me a soft smile.

I didn't have it in me to come after everything, so I had Felix and Changbin come to get the cats. I started to stay with them, and they told me I was welcome to stay for as long as I wanted but I didn't want to be a burden.

So, as of this week, I start apartment hunting. Seungmin offered me to say with him again but he had Hyunjin now and I didn't want to intrude on their new relationship.

"I'll be in the bedroom," I said softly, walking to the bedroom like it didn't affect me but it did. Being here, in a space I shared with him.

Seeing all the things that were his before it was also mine, or the things we had got together.

I open the door to reveal the bright room. The bed was made perfect because I use to always get onto him about leaving it messy. He thought it was no use in making the bed as it will get messy again but I told him it kept the room looking more put together and soon he came accustomed to making it.

I graze my finger along the white comforter, it still felt so inviting.

I sit down on the bed and lay down, my eyes on the ceiling close gently.

"I love you. I love you. I love you" He mumbled against my skin. Kissing every inch of my neck and going down to my chest.

I giggle, putting my hands on his cheeks and making him come back up to face me at eye level. He hovers over me and I smile softly up at him.

"You love me?" I whisper.

His hand grazes up my slide, his finger dancing along my ribs. He leans down and places a small, simple kiss on my lips.

The emotion of it though was not simple. He pulls away and nods. "Yes" His eyes search for mine "And it feels good to say that I do love you, darling"

My eyes open and wipe a tear that has fallen, sitting up. I look around the room and stand up, walking to the closet.

I turn off the light and my eyes fall on all of his hung-up dress shirts. My eyes dance around the different colors and my mind already sees him in them.

I walk closer and my fingers glide along them. Feeling the soft material on my fingertips. His smell roamed the place like he was still here—like he was just here. I grab a random shirt and put it to my nose, inhaling the scent that I missed so much.

I forced back tears, not wanting to cry as I'd been telling myself that I was fine—that's what I promised him. I promised him I would be okay and so I need to be, for him.

My finger goes to my neck and I mess with the familiar necklace that was there. Walking out of the closet, my eyes land on the dresser.

There was hardly anything in them, he just never put anything there. I never asked why.

I look around again and my eyes went back to that dresser. I sigh, letting out a shaky breath. Drying my palms on my pants and walking to it.

The first drawer, was where he kept his gun. I open it, furrowing my brows and seeing it there. The gun he always had with him. The one he had with him that night, or so I thought.

I swallow harshly and grab it, looking down at it in my hands. I frown, my finger going over the gun.

My eyes flick back to the drawer, my brows pushing together as I notice something that isn't usually there.

"What are you doing?" My voice was hoarse as I walk up to Jisung'as he sat on a bar stool. The kitchen light was the only source of light as it was in the middle of the night.

Jisung looks back and gives me a soft smile, "Nothing, I was just about to go to bed" He stood up and folded a piece of paper. I didn't think much of it as he took my hand and led me back to bed but not before putting the paper in the drawer with his gun.

I put the gun down and hesitantly grab the paper. My hands grow sweaty again as I unfold the paper.

I freeze when my eyes land on the first two words, "Dear Darling" It wrote. My eyes fill with tears, and I sink to my knees. He wrote this that night, he knew for a while about this plan.

He told me he loved me, even when he knew. He gave me the fucking restaurant and he was so persistent on having only my name on it. Why?

I sat there, reading over the letter for what felt like hours but in reality, it wasn't that long.

Reading his words, telling me things he says he wished he could tell me in person.

Reading this, I was sad, bitter, angry, lost, and confused. All but happy, because he wasn't here to tell me. He was gone.

You hate me but you'll love me after knowing that I am too emotionally invested in these characters to let them go.

So here I am, after months of writing Darling, since the beginning I had this book planned from start to finish, which is now the end of this long journey.

I am here to officially say that though Darling is over, the characters still have a long way to go from here. There are still many questions that need answered.

That is why, there will be a sequel.

Following Minho's POV of the after effects of this tragic loss and also throughout the journey of his and Jisung's relationship/friendship.

Dear Darling.
The sequel of Darling.

Two chapters are out now, love you all so so much and I can't wait for y'all to continue to read all I have planned <3