39 | Insecurities

"I'm still trying to process the fact that your gonna get married," Chan says making everyone at the table laugh.

He did it, finally propose to Felix and here we were all at dinner celebrating as Felix requested. Taking the night off and spent it with the group as we celebrate the newly engaged couple that we all knew would get to this point eventually, a bit later than we expected but at least we were here.

The smile on Changbin's face and the love in Felix's eyes said that they were right for each other. Maybe a part of me felt envious of how easily they could just... love. I wanted that, of course, doesn't everyone?

"So when do y'all think y'all with officially tie the knot?" Minho asks curiously, leaning on the table to look at Felix.

Felix thinks about it for a few seconds before saying "We're still talking about it, I'm just really busy with work at the moment and I know Changbin is too. Maybe after everything blows over"

Minho nods slowly "That's a good idea"

The table grew quiet as everyone continued to eat, "I'm so single" Chan spoke up, looking around at the table.

We all laugh as Changbin says "You work mostly every night, long nights, and at a club at that, of course, your single"

Chan looks at me "Yeah, I'm being overworked"

I raise my hands in defense "Don't blame me, you are the one that refuses to work with another bartender. If you ask me, you like the single life"

Chan scoffs "Nobody likes the single life, and I refuse because nobody is a better bartender than me, they'll just be in the way"

I sigh and nod "Fine, I'll change your schedule around a bit—"

"I was play—"

"Go out and find somebody so I won't have to hear about this again" I sounded irritated and in a way I was but it wasn't because of this situation or conversation, it was because of Minho. Doesn't it always go back to him?

The waiter comes and starts refilling our drinks "Thank you" I say as she refills mine.

As she walks away I notice Minho's intense stare. "Might as well follow her to the back"

Minho, fucking Minho. He will be the reason I lose my shit at this dinner, not because he looks so goddamn sexy in this red dress shirt that fit his body so perfectly—no, that wasn't the reason. The reason is that he keeps at this fucking game of "Let's fuck with Jisung and remind him he was a shit boyfriend in the past"

Well no, not really. I was a fucking great boyfriend when we were young it was before. When we were best friends that fucked, I didn't quite stop sleeping around with other people—he hated that, and apparently, since I brought the past up two days ago he just doesn't want to put it to rest.

I get it, I was a whore when I was young but how can he still blame me? It's not like I'm going around flirting or sleeping around.

"Minho, just stop" I lean closer to him, whispering "This isn't the time nor the place to be acting like this"

"Acting like what? Like I ain't right?"

I look at him like he was stupid because right now, he was. "Right? Tell me what I have been doing recently that proves that you are right. I get it Minho, I fucking get that I was shitty in the past—"

"Is everything okay?" I look to Chan, noticing their sudden attention on us, they were just talking about the wedding but I guess we caught their attention with our whispering.

I forced a smile and pulled away "Fine, we're great" I look to Minho who also had a forced smile.

"Perfectly fine" He looks at me like this wasn't finished.