37 | They Love You

I turn off the shower, steam surrounding me as I walk out of the shower. Grabbing a towel and wrapping it around my waist--grabbing another towel and drying my hair. I walk out of the restroom to see Minho laying on his stomach on the bed. 

Usually, I wouldn't pay mind to it but his small laughter made me stop in my tracks as I notice he was on the phone. I never wanted to be the type to get jealous of these kinda situations and honestly, I ain't the type to get jealous in general.

It sounds cocky when I say it like that but it wasn't because I was narcissistic or confident. it was because I trusted Minho and I knew he wouldn't do anything on purpose to hurt me. 

"You know I miss you too"

My jaw clenched "Who are you talking to?"

Minho's head snaps to me, holding his hand over the phone so whoever it was he was talking to wouldn't hear me. His eyes were wide as he shook his head "Is that Jisung?"

I fucked up. I didn't why I fucked up but the look on Minho's face as I heard his mom on the other line of the phone told me I fucked up. 

Now, thinking of it, He hasn't talked about his parents much since we got back together. He did ever so often when something would remind him of home but he would quickly change the subject. 

"Minho was that Jisung I heard or am I getting old?"

I chuckle, hearing a familiar voice that brought me more comfort than I realized. 

Minho sighs and nods even though she couldn't see him "Yeah, mom. It was Jisung" 

"Oh my" Mrs. Lee says dramatically, I'm guessing she had no idea about Minho and me. "When did this happen? Were you trying to keep it from me son?" 

My eyes fall to the floor, this hurt for some reason. I continue to walk to the closet as I heard Minho talk to his mom, "Mom, I just been busy--I haven't had time to talk to you or dad more less fill yall in on my life" 

I finish getting dressed for the night, yes night. Since Changbin and I didn't do any work yesterday we had to do it tonight so I will be gone and Minho will be alone with the cats. 

I walk out of the closet and go to the dresser, grabbing my gun and putting it in my waistband "Okay bye mom. Yes, I'll try to call more. Of course. Yeah, I'll tell him" Minho groans "Fine, I'll ask but he's busy with work" I look at Minho curiously. He now sat at the edge of the bed, the phone no longer on speaker but on his ear. 

His body tensed up for a second before looking at me hesitantly "Um--He owns a few businesses now". I look away and walk into the restroom again, fixing my hair so it wouldn't look horrible for the rest of the night. 

I didn't hear Minho talking anymore, assuming he was now off the phone I walk back into the room. Minho looks up at me "Are you leaving already?"

I nod "Yeah, I probably won't be back tonight so make sure not to wait up for me" Minho scoffs and I furrow my brows, confused about his sudden mood change. "what?"

He shakes his head "Why are you acting so cold?"

"Cold? I don't know what you mean" 

Minho stands up "I don't want to fight with you, not tonight"

He walks to me slowly "I'm not trying to fight" He stops and rolls his eyes.

"Yes you are, tell me what I did so I can fix it" There was a distance between us, mentally and physically. 

"Why didn't you tell them" I whisper, hoping he heard me. I felt suddenly insecure about my feelings and felt that it was stupid how upset this made me feel. Maybe, it was because I knew Minho loved his family... a family I once knew and a family that practically helped my dad raise me when he got too busy with work. 

My eyes fell to the ground as I didn't want him to see through me, I didn't want him to see how much this little thing affected me. I trusted Minho--fuck I trusted him with my life but still, I had trouble letting him in. I had trouble even now telling him how I truly feel about certain things because I don't want to look pathetic. 

"I-I don't know" I look up to see an equally hurt Minho. His eyebrows were pushed together as he himself was trying to figure out why he didn't tell them. "They love you" His eyes grew glossy, looking away and shaking his head lightly "I know they would have loved to hear that we got back together and even if we didn't they would have loved to know that I've found you--"

"I don't have time for this, I should go" I turn to leave but Minho grabs my arm 

"No, I don't want you leaving when your upset with me" I look at him and he drops my arm "It's because I'm selfish"

"What are you talking about?"

Minho shrugs and looks around the room, avoiding my gaze. "I'm talking about when I do have that opportunity to talk to them" He looks at me finally "I don't know why I didn't, I just know that every time I could tell them I don't because--" He chuckle bitterly "I want you to myself"

He sighs like a weight was lifted off his shoulders. "I knew eventually they would have to know but I wanted to keep you for myself for as long as I can, I didn't think you would care"

"I do," I said, "I care because it's your family"

"I'm sorry"

I frown and walk up to him, grabbing his wait softly "Don't apologize, we're fine"

"Are we?"

I furrow my brows and nod slowly "I am, are you?". Minho nods, "Then we're fine" I kiss his forehead "Now rest darling, I'll be home in the morning" Minho sighs but nods nonetheless.