36 || Lucia

A/N: Alright, guys, if you didn't know, this chapter will be about Lucia. All about Lucia. Lucia's my own OC now, so yeah! Enjoy! Try not to think of it as a filler.

11:38 P.M. || Musatfu, Japan || Evergarden Residence - Living Room

Shatter.

A glass teacup shattered on the floor. It was being held by Lucia who just walked by the TV. She took a small glance at it and her heart pounded. It pounded hard. Almost as if it was going to leap out.

No.

No.

No, please.

Please let this be a dream.

Lucia looked out on the TV screen. There, on the screen, were the two people she loved the most.

A hand over her mouth as she dropped to her knees. They were fighting a ferocious villain. If he had enough power, he could easily take away the two people she loved like it was nothing.

They were in danger, and she was here.

In the safety of her home.

A whole city away.

"Y/N... Toshinori..." She muffled her sobs through her hand. This was terrifying. Was she really going to lose them?

This was the exact reason why she wanted to be a hero in the first place.

~~~

"Worthless. Just worthless."

Lucia avoided her mother's eye contact as the woman scowled at her. She had just handed her mother her paper with her grade on it. She had a 92 on it. The white haired girl already knew she was in trouble as soon as she saw it.

Why?

Because she was never enough for her.

"A 92? Are you serious, you little brat? What is a score that is satisfying?"

"105." Lucia inwardly scowled. That's not even an actual score.

"Exactly. And yet you've managed to screw up and get a 92. You're worthless." Her parent scoffed as she stood up from her seat. "I can't believe I'm stuck with trash like you."

"Is that would Dad would say?"

SLAP.

A burning sensation was on Lucia's cheek as she held back the urge to cry. She looked back up at her mother with an unforgiving expression on her face.

"Don't you EVER backtalk me. How dare you bring up that fool? He was a fool to believe that you could ever be a hero. All you'll ever be in housewife." She threw the paper on the ground. "You'll be lucky if you even do that."

The woman walked away. Lucia watched in silence as she bit down on her lip. Once she knew she was gone, she let the tears run down her face. She looked up to the picture of her and her dad.

Curse this world. Curse drunk drivers. 

It was all her fault too.

If she hadn't asked for cake on her birthday, then maybe he'd still be here right now. 

Was that wicked woman right?

Was he a fool to believe she could ever be a hero?

No.

SHE was a fool to think she could be someone important at all.

~~~

Lucia remembered her mother's words.