10 || Determination

2:30 P.M. || Mustafu, Japan || Beach

Midoriya panted as he ran down the shoreline of the beach. The waves pushed and pulled, in and out as their soothing sounds settled in his ears. He's got to keep training if he wants to be a great hero just like All Might.

A familiar figure was in the distance with three other figures. I glanced over to look at the figure. His eyes widened in realization.

Y/N was standing there with her hands in her blue hoodie. She was surrounded by three other guys. He squinted. They looked familiar as well. That's when it hit him. Those guys from the hallway fight; the ones who were messing with her.

Midoriya frowned as he realized that this might be trouble. He knelt down and crept over.

"Why is a brat like you in U.A. anyway?" One guy asked the emotionless female.

"Because it is a school where people who would like to pursue the role of a hero go." Y/N replied simply.

"You wanna be a hero?" Another asked in disbelief. The tone of his voice was coated in doubt.

"Affirmative."

"Why would someone as weird as you want to be a hero?"

"I want to know what 'I love you' means." Midoriya eyes widened slightly. "I do not understand. I did not understand then and I do not understand now. I must know what it means. For the Major..." Y/N explained, looking down at the ground in thought. 

Midoriya heart settled in sympathy. Y/N truly is a special girl... Someone told her that they loved her, and she's doing everything in her power to understand. His face turned pink slightly as a new respect entered in his heart for the teenage girl.

"Whatever, freak. You humiliated us, so we're going to send you crying home to your mommy." One guy spat, cracking his knuckles. Midoriya frowned. This was his time to interve-

"Incorrect." Y/N spoke out, gaining attention. "I am an orphan. I do not have a 'mommy'."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"...O-Oh."

The three guys looked at the girl in discomfort. This girl is literally so weird. She has no filter whatsoever! She was emotionless saying it to, so it seemed as though it barely even affected her! What is with this kid?!

"Good day." Y/N started to walk off when someone slammed their hand down on her shoulder.

"Hey, now! Where do you think you're going?"

"..."

"Silent now, huh? What, are you scared?" One guy mocked her with a laugh.

In a perfect world, she would've told them to please release her.

Too bad this world isn't perfect.

"DO NOT TOUCH ME EVER AGAIN." She spat darkly, terrifying them with her dangerous stare. The guy released her from his grip and involuntarily took a step back. The girl turned her head away, trying to cool off.

Why were so many people touching her out of blue? She always thought it was respectful for people to respect others space. Was that no longer important?

As she walked away, pondering on that question, Midoriya walked up and chased after her after the three boys left, shaken. 

"Y/N!" He called out, trying to catch her attention. She looked back to see Midoriya rushing towards her.

"Midoriya, sir." She gave him a nod as a greeting. She halted in her steps, allowing him to catch up. "May I be of service?" She asked, politely.

"Oh, no, I just have a question for you." He told her. He had a lot of questions for her, but right now, he would only ask her one.

"Yes?"

"Who... Who is Major?" He asked curiously.

"..." Y/N remained silent as she continued to stare at him. Midoriya bit the inside of his cheek in slight worry. A pit in his stomach formed. Was... was he not supposed to ask that? Was it rude? Was it a sensitive topic? Does she know he was eavesdropping?

It's not exactly that Y/N didn't want to answer. She didn't know how to. Who is Major? 

"Major is a person... who is a female... who gives me orders." Y/N told him slowly, trying to figure out how to word her relationship. Midoriya tilted his head.

"Oh... Um, Y/N?"

"Yes?"

"One more question. You said to me before that you wanted to be a hero. Why... why do you want to be a hero?" He asked. He already knew the answer, but he wanted her to tell him herself.

She faced him completely. She looked his straight in the eyes. 

"'I love you'." Midoriya involuntarily blushed at this statement. "She... she told me that once; Major did. But... I still fail to understand. What does... what does 'I love you' mean? I cannot help but be confused by that. I am stationed here with General All Might until Major says otherwise. I assume I am not allowed to return until I discover the meaning of those words. So...  so I want to find the meaning of these words. Until I do... I cannot face the Major." 

Midoriya blushed in admirement as her words touched his heart. He looked at her once emotionless face to see it sparkling in determination. He smiled at her.

"I get it. Then I'll do whatever I can to help you." He reassured her. She nodded.

"Thank you, Midoriya, sir." She turned away from him. "I apologize for interrupting your run." She said before walking away.

"It's o-" Wait... what? He didn't say anything about a run. Did she see him or did she just know...? 

Y/N.

She is such a mysterious girl.