23 || 3rd Place

12:45 P.M. || Mustafu, Japan || U.A. High School - Recovery Girl's Office

Recovery Girl placed another band-aid on Y/N's face. She had three on her right cheek and three on the left. Right now, she looked like she was a person with whiskers. Bakugo's explosions did quite the damage on her face.

Recovery Girl had wrapped up her feet because she managed to tear the skin off of them while stabilizing herself. Other than that, she was basically fine. Can't say the same about her uniform.

She felt heavy. And weird.

She had lost, but she made it pretty far. So she should be fine...right? 

Then what's up with the heavy sensation in her body. Maybe it'll go away with some water...?

"Alright, make sure to take it easy on your feet, alright?" Recovery Girl reminded her.

"Yes. I will." Y/N nodded in understanding. 

"Alright then, you're good to go!"

"Understood. Thank you."

12:46 P.M. || Mustafu, Japan || U.A. High School - U.A. Sports Festival Hallway

Well that didn't help.

Water didn't help at all.

She still felt heavy.

She lost. Was Major watching? Wait...what if Major was watching? And she lost in front of Major. Her throat grew a lump and it became uncomfortable at the thought.

"Y/N?" She turned to see Shinsou standing behind her.

Was Major watching?

"Shinsou, sir." He flinched. Something was different about her.

She lost in front of Major.

"You did great out there. Are you okay?" He asked.

She lost in front of Major.

"I do not know. I have a heavy feeling over myself and my throat burns slightly. Strange. I just visited Recovery Girl. How can I be sick?" Y/N asked herself as she answered him truthfully. His eyes widened. He knows what's going on. "Maybe I'm hungry...?" She turned to go find the broken vending machine.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

"Huh?" Something warm fell down her face. She stopped in her tracks, touching her face. Wet? Water? Water. Why was water coming from her face? What kind of illness was this. She reached towards the source; her eyes. Her eyelashes were wet and her face grew moist. Her face was hot.

What was going on with her?

Slight fear bubbled up into her. Was she okay? Should she go ask Recovery Girl what's happening? She's never heard of thi-

Arms wrapped around her waist from behind. "Huh?" She looked up to see Shinsou, giving her a sad smile. "Shinsou, sir?"

"I'm not dumb. You're crying." He told her.

"C...Crying?"

"You don't have to hold it back." Her eyes blurried as she looked back down to the ground. She turned and leaned her head on his chest, letting the water wash done her face.

It felt wrong. It felt weird. It felt like she had been stabbed.

She didn't like it.

She lost in front of Major.

Don't kill him but don't lose.

...

...

...

She failed.

"I...I failed..." She muttered. She gripped Shinsou shirt as the water drained from her eyes.

Now that she's doing it, here with him, she felt a little lighter.

12:48 P.M. || Mustafu, Japan || U.A. High School - Awards Ceremony

"You look like a rabid dog."

Y/N's crying had faded away and she was now standing on the 3rd place podium next to the first place winner--Katsuki Bakugo. Todoroki was on the other side of the podium. Everything was going smoothly. Until Y/N noticed something.

Bakugo was in chains.

He chains holding back his explosive hands and a muzzle over his mouth. With his murderous red eyes, he looked like a dog with rabies. Honestly, it was amusing to see him try to fight the hardness of the chains.

"MMPH?!" He yelled muffled at her, hearing her comment. He started screaming insults at her, that she obviously couldn't hear.

"No one can understand you." She informed him. "It's a waste of energy to try." He growled at her, and if he wasn't in chains, he would've lunged at her. He tried but the chains just jerked him back.

Midoriya sweatdropped at the scene before him.

"Settle down you two!" Midnight yelled as she cracked her whip.

"I apologize."

"I AM HERE!!" A resounding voice yelled out. The symbol of peace, All Might jumped down from the top of the stadium in front of the podium, the crowd cheering loudly. "I am here to hand out medals!"

"Whoa! The first years sure are something else!" 

"Yeah! Even All Might came to watch!"

"Congratulations, young Evergarden! 3rd place is very good!" The general complimented as he put the medal around Y/N's neck with a grin.

"Thank you. I am not happy with my award. I was not able to win in front of Major." Y/N admitted with a straight face. "I was not strong enough to defeat him before he got me out."

"You have done well to make it this far. You are a great strategist and you can handle yourself well, even without a quirk. My advice to you is to keep working hard and improving yourself to become stronger!" All Might encouraged. Y/N looked at him.

"Thank you, sir." She told him, her eyes glistened in inspiration. The general sure is something, isn't he? He awkwardly hugged the girl and moved onto Todoroki who had gotten second place.

"Young Todoroki, you did great out there. It should be expected by someone has a strong quirk and a strategic mind." All Might complimented. The #1 hero slipped the medal around his neck and smiled. "You have strong control, continue to grow."

"Thank you." He muttered as he was embraced with the awkward hug.

"Young Bakugo-"

"GRRRRHHH!!!"

Shake. Shake. Shake.

Bakugo let out a muffled scream as All Might walked over to him with the medal. All Might sweatdropped at the 1st place winner's aggressive behavior.

"Uh... You lived up to your promise. Well done! Wonderful!" He weirdly hugged him and removed the muzzle.

"All Might. First place is like this...ISN'T WORTH ANYTHING!!" He screamed at the end making the angriest expression the human face could make. "EVEN IF THE WHOLE WORLD RECOGNIZES IT, IF I DON'T RECOGNIZE IT MYSELF, THEN IT'S TRASH!!!"

"Hmph! Well, there aren't many who can appear on top at times! So please! Accept this! So you don't forget it!" All Might exclaimed genuinely as he readied to put the medal around his neck, but Bakugo threw his head back preventing it.

"I SAID I DON'T WANT IT!!" He screeched. That didn't affect All Might as he forced the thing down between his teeth, letting it stay there. Y/N blinked in amusement. Bakugo sure is difficult at times. He's probably okay.

Y/N looked up at the sky. So many lessons in one day.

It's a mystery.

Why must humans have so many complicated emotions? It's such a chore keeping up with them all. People are exhausting. Guess she'll learn more one day.

But now?

Now Y/N wants to sleep.