4 || Quirkless

7:45 A.M. || Mustafu, Japan || U.A. High School

Class 1-C. Where was that again?

Y/N had been walking all over the school looking for it. Her new classroom. The General Department. Honestly, it was all funny to her.

Y/N had never been in school before. She had literally no idea what she was doing. But, General All Might and Lucia wanted her to go to this school so she will. Besides, this is a hero school, U.A., and the sooner she becomes a hero, the sooner she can find the Major.

She fiddled with her uniform. It was strange. White button-down shirt. Short skirt. Gray vest. Strange. Nothing like the training camp uniform. This would be horrible for battling. For some strange reason, her skirt was shorter than other girls... Oh well.

She was in rehab at the start of the school year, so it already started. Thankfully, it hadn't gone too far into the school year.

Y/N looked at her map again. Hmm. Directions were never one of her strengths.

Trust your instincts.

1:50 P.M. || Mustafu, Japan || U.A. High School - Lunchtime

Y/N stood against the wall. She wasn't hungry. After you go through training camp with Major, you don't need food for maybe weeks.

"Ah! Y/N!" Someone called out her name. She looked up. Green, bushy hair. Friendly smile. Blushing cheeks.

Arms glued to her side. Back straight. Shoulders back. Feet together. Salute.

"Midoriya, sir." He turned pink at her formal greeting.

"Y-You really don't have to salute to me, y'know! I mean, we are in the same year, y'know!" He blurted out quickly.

"Understood sir." She replied, dropping her salute.

"I didn't know you would go here." He told her.

"I apologize, sir. I didn't report it because I did not realize you needed to know."

"O-Oh, I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to rude!" He quickly said. He looked around, noticing the girl was standing alone. 

"No need to apologize, sir."

"Do you have no one to sit with? I-If you don't, you can sit with me and my friends." He offered. Y/N looked to the spot he was gesturing to. A brown haired girl and a boy with navy hair were sitting at a table. "I-I mean if you don't want to, that's perfectly fine! I mean, it's your choice! I not forcing you or anything like that!"

"If it's an order, sir, I'll do as you wish." 

"... Is that a yes?"

"Is it an order?"

"Um... Only if you want."

"I cannot determine orders."

"Well I-"

The brown haired girl walked over.

"Hey! Nice to meet you! Come sit with us!" She told her, dragging Y/N and Midoriya over to the table, ending the back and forth discussion.

2:10 P.M. || Mustafu, Japan || U.A. High School - Lunchtime

"I'm in the General Department; Class 1-C."

"Ooh! That's cool! How are classes going for you?" Ochaco Uraraka asked Y/N. Chocolate hair and rosy cheeks. The peppiness in her voice was outlined by her smile.

"They are fine." Should she have expected something different? They were long and had tons of books.

"Would you mind if I asked you about your quirk?" Tenya Iida asked. Navy, blue hair and square glasses. He's the most formal and he seemed to like her salute. He even saluted back.

"I am not equipped with one." In other words, quirkless.

Midoriya remembered seeing her in action of the beach a couple of months ago. She clearly didn't need one. But still, he remembered how he felt about becoming a hero without a quirk. 

"But, you said you wanted to become a hero, right? So... so I think it suits you!" He told her eagerly. She had no idea what the sudden motivation was for, but she knew it was well meaning. 

"Thank you, Midoriya, sir." His face tinted pink.

"No big deal! Haha!" He replied, giddily.

2:50 P.M. || Mustafu, Japan || U.A. High School - Halls

Midoriya blinked as he walked through the hallways with Uraraka and Iida. A huge swarm of students were in the halls crowding over something.

"Wonder what's going on." Uraraka said aloud. 

"This will not be tolerated! They are blocking the halls!" Iida exclaimed with his hand movements. The three walked through the crowd to see what's going on.

"Um, what's happening?" Uraraka asked some random teen.

"Some guys are messing with a girl!" He told them. 

"That will not be tolerated!" Iida added, fuming. The three made their way to the front.

"Huh? Is that..."

"No way... Y/N?!" 

Y/N was standing in the middle of the crowd in front of three boys. It was clear that they had been messing with her. White eraser shavings were in her (h/c) hair and pencil marking were on her jacket. Yet she still had her same emotionless face.

The guy in front had a smirk on his face as her ball up a tiny piece of paper. Her fired it at her head and it hit her forehead. She caught the piece of paper in her hand.

"What is this?" She asked, genuinely confused. Y/N doesn't understand what's going on because she has never been to school before. She's never been bullied before either, so she doesn't understand their antics. 

"A greeting." He chuckled. The boys beside him laughed. Midoriya frowned at how open they are about bullying his new friend. Uraraka grimaced at their rude behavior. Iida was just about to step in. 

But they all froze in shock at what happened next.

"Oh." Y/N balled her fist and set the paper on top. At the speed of sound, she rocket fired that tiny piece of paper at his head.

In a perfect world, it'd miss.

Too bad this isn't a perfect world.

The thing shot at his head. The impact made a snap sound as he fell back at the impact. Everyone gasped as they saw his forehead with a red spot at the position.

"OW!" He exclaimed. "What the hell was that?!" He yelled.

"I returned your greeting." Y/N simply replied.

"Why you little-" He shot up and lunged at her. In an immediate reflex, she caught his fist and forced her own into his face, knocking him backwards. The other one jumped at her and she flung him into a nearby wall. The last one kicked at her, but the girl simply smashed his face into the ground.

Everyone had their mouths gaped open. What the heck just happened? A girl just took down three guys single-handedly

"Was that part of your greeting as well?" She asked.

"Wow, that cute girl's strong!"

"Damn!"

"There's a dent in the wall!"

"She must have a really strong quirk!"

"Incorrect." Y/N said, turning to the person who said the last comment. They all blinked at her in confusion. "I do not have a quirk."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Wait... WHAT?!!!"