126. My son

'Hello my son.' Ned said softly coming into Brans room.

'father.' Ned hugged him running his hands along brans face, he had grown so much since he last saw him.

'you don't seem surprised that I'm here.' Ned noted.

'I saw you.' Bran told him.

'you saw me here? I'm sorry didn't come sooner-'

'I saw you at the wall with jon and again at the camps. Kaster camps.' Bran told him.

'you were there? we were searching for you Bran.' Ned told him.

'I needed to find myself I needed to find the three eyed raven. He helped me see.' Bran told him. 'I know that Queen sasha is still alive as well.' Bran noted.

'what else do you know?' ned questioned sitting on the edge of his bed.

'I know that jon is not yours but I think you already know that.' bran said quietly.

'how did you come across this information?' ned questioned. 'only I and lyanna knew of that.'

'I saw it.' Bran told him.

'you saw what?' ned questioned confused.

'I saw Aunt lyanna give you Jon and tell you to protect him.' Bran told him.

'how?' ned said baffled.

'I am the three eyed raven. I have the sight.' Bran told him.

'do you only see the past or can you see the future?' ned questioned running a hand along brans forhead. 'I don't see a third eye.' Ned teased.

'I see the past and the present.' Bran informed him. 'Jon is the rightful-'

'jon is a brave and skilled man but-'

'you love sasha.' Bran said it as a statement but he meant it as a question.

'yes.' Ned confirmed. 'I really do.' Ned had to find Jon.

++

'All this time?' Jon accused.

'All this time, to protect you.' Ned confirmed.

'You lied to me my whole life!' Jon exclaimed.

'I did. To protect you and to protect Lyanna.'

'You could have told me.' Jon insisted.

"No, I couldn't. Robert would have had you killed. Daenerys, the queen you love so much.' Ned told him. 'she would have you killed.'

'Sasha too?' Jon questioned.

"No.' Ned said confidently.

'Cersei would, Daenerys would but you are telling me the last rightful Baratheon wouldn't try to kill the last male Targaryen?' Jon countered.

'Sasha is upset I didn't tell her.'

'She knows?' Jon questioned.

"She overheard sam telling you.' Ned said simply. 'I thought she would hate me.' Ned admitted. 'Hate you, hate us...'

'But?'

'She thought perhaps you were the right choice, definitely better than cersei and daenerys, that you were a great leader at the wall.' Ned told him.

'I have sworne my allg-'

'I know what you did.' Ned told him, his face pinched. 'I know. But I wish you didn't.'

'Daenerys-'

'I know you care about her, but-'

'But you can be objective right?' Jon countered. 'What's the difference between me fucking Daenerys and you fucking Sasha?' Jon sneered.

'That is enough, you don't talk to me like that.' Ned warned.

'Why? Youre not my father!' Jon remarked and Ned's face pinched.

'You're right. I'm not, but you are still my blood.' Ned reminded him.

'I thought the world of you, I thought you were the most honorable man, brave and loyal but not I see it was all lies.'

'LIES?' Ned shook his head letting out a huff of a breath. 'I was trying to save you!' Ned told him. 'I wanted you to live!'

'As an unloved bastard!' Jon countered.

'You were raised with my children,' ned reminded him.

'As a bastard with no purpose in life!' Jon countered.

'You got to live.' Ned snapped. 'You got to live.' He repeated slowly. 'Robb was a stark, Rickon too, where are they now?' Ned reminded him. 'everything I did, I did to protect you!'

'From the Baratheon's. the people that want me dead.'

'Daenerys is your aunt, she has two armies and two dragons.' Ned reminded him. 'What are you going to do? Tell her? you think she is going to let you keep living? I kept your birthright a secret because I love you and I loved my sister.'

'Daenerys-'

'Will see you as a threat and want your head on a spike.' Ned informed him. 'Why do you think Cersei sent for Sasha's head? Because she is the rightful heir of the iron throne!'

'No...' Jon said his face pinched with pain.

'Sasha-'

'Will never get the throne!" Jon shouted. "You said it, daenerys has two armies and two fire breathing dragons at her command. What does sasha have besides the right last name?'

'She has a plan to make Westeros a better place, she doesn't want to burn it to the ground.' Ned told him.

'Neither does Daenerys!' Jon countered.

'She so easily burned your friend Sam's father and brother to ash, she threatened to do it to the rest of the Lannister armies!" Ned reminded him.

'They were-'

'Following orders.' Ned finished. 'How many people is she going to kill, towns she is going to burn, before you see that she is not the person meant to rule us?'