86. Not Thinking

Jon went down to check on the gate to see his friends dead but also the giant they had taken down the beast, giving their life for the nights watching the process.

'They held the gate.' jon marked 'I should've sent more brothers down here to help you... We need to burn the bodies.' he told Sam.

'you okay?' ned questioned looking her over anxiously.

'for the millionth time I'm fine.' Sasha assured. 'it is everyone else I'm worried about.' She noticed jon coming up from the tunnel.

'We held them off.' Sam was saying chasing after jon.

'For one night.' Jon reminded Sam

'But still it is a great victory in our defense-'

'he almost made it through.' Jon remind him 'he has more Giants he has more mammoths, he's 1000 times as many men... They will hit us again tonight and we can hold off for a day maybe we can hold them off for a day or two but we will never beat them.' jon exclaimed.

'jons right.' Sasha said following after them. 'we should try and speak reason to their leader.'

'what?' sam questioned.

'read my mind, sasha.' Jon said turning to the gate.

'Where are you going?' sam questioned looking between them.

'I'm going to find them.'

'You can't do that.' Sam said chasing after him 'no one gave you any orders'

'Who is left to give orders? the Wildling army is only an army because of us.' Jon remarked.

'They burned 100 tribes without Mance, they lose their leader, they lose their purpose and they go back to fighting each other and scatter back to their home.' Sasha informed them. 'at least hopefully that is.' Sasha added silently.

'Without Mance.. are you going to kill him?'

'I'm going to try.' Jon agreed

'They'll never let you within 100 yards of him even if he managed to kill him with-'

'he'll kill me?' Jon questioned 'they will kill the rest of us to.' sasha looked to ned, he didn't need words to understand what she wanted to do. She was going to go with jon. Help him. Protect him. Ned nodded. He was with her. hell or wildlings.

'He won't just kill you.' Sam told him 'they will boil you flay you make it last days.'

'that sounds a bit dramatic.' Sasha informed him tightening her laces.

'Right you are right.' Jon told him 'it's a blunt blow...' He looked around at the dead one last time before heading out.

'and you my lady, you really think it-' sam began.

'I'm not thinking. I'm protecting my family.' Sasha corrected following jon out.