Trust

"You must have been close with John Aryn?' Ned questioned as the rest of the royal family settled for the night.

'Yes, he was a good man, a knowledgeable man, plus he almost always listened to my advice.' Sasha added with a slight nudge in neds direction.

'trust me I will use your knowledge and expertise of the capital to your fullest potential.' Ned assured her.

'I never understood how a man like John could marry a woman like... I'm sorry forgive me she is your sister by law.' Sasha said feeling embarrassed.

'no its quite alright, lysa she is a bit... much.' Ned remarked. Petyr had told sasha over the years, since he too was on the council about his irrational crush on Catelyn stark, a married woman and sasha never understood why a men in his position would covet what was already vowed to another but here she was doing the same thing. Petyr would love this, sasha thought.

'Lady Aryn... I know most people in a higher position marry for political gain, power, lands, wealth but a man like John should have had better options.' Sasha informed him quietly.

'Lysa has always been a bit a loon.' Ned admitted. he found it both strange and wonderful that the princess could talk to him in this manner and not fear repercussions, as if she knew he wouldn't mind, woudnt take offense to his wifes family, his wife included being a bit... odd.

'Petyr Baelish, he is on the council, he says he grew up with Catelyn.' Sasha recalled. Ned noticed that she didn't call her Lady stark or his wife, he grinned at that.

'That is correct.' He can have her, ned added silently. 'who else is on the council?'

'Grand Maester Pycelle, Varys—hes a little bit slimy at times, only really cares for himself but he does know everything, him and his little spies, they came in handy.' sasha remarked. 'Renly, Petyr and myself.'

'Well at least there is one person on the council whom I trust completely.' Ned told her, she blushed. How he made her heart race baffled her. but the shouts and screams of the prince caught their attention. They ran off, to see what the commotion was about.