Taste Of His Own Medicine

Yosuke's POV:

I flop onto my bed, holding my pillow to my face.

"You look like an idiot," Giichi remarks, laughing over me.

"Shut up."

"Is it because Narukami's here?" He asks, sitting beside me; rubbing the back of my calf.

"Nah," I lie. "That's not it.."

"Really?" He chuckles. "Cause you were looking pretty jealous back there."

"Jealous? I'm not jealous," I scoff, sitting upright. "Why would I be jealous?"

"You're not fooling anyone," he shrugs. "Not even yourself. Not anymore."

"Fine," I groan, crossing my legs. "Of course I'm damn jealous. He should be here -- in my room."

"So, go get him!"

"That's not my place... He came here for Shin, not for me."

"What, did you ask him that?"

"Stop with your thinking outside of the box strategy."

"It works, doesn't it?"

"Would you call up your ex if you knew he was with another guy?" I ask, snarkily.

"Depends which ex."

"Oh, fuck you." I throw the pillow at him, playfully.

"Besides, Narukami isn't your ex. He's your friend, so you're allowed to speak to him."

"Yeah. My best friend... but more."

"That's good, isn't it?"

"Not if it's not... you know. Official."

"Hey." He knocks my knee with his own. "Why don't we give him a taste of his own medicine?" Giichi's eyes are narrow with mischief.

"What are you talking about?"

"Why don't we make him jealous?"

"It's not Yu's fault I feel like this. It'd be wrong to make him feel like shit, too."

"Once he knows he's about to lose you, he'll confess how he truly feels."

"That only happens in movies," I roll my eyes.

"It's happened to me before."

"That's because people actually like you."

"And Narukami doesn't like you?"

"I don't know."

"Well, here's a test."

"What if it doesn't work?" I sigh. "I mean, what if he doesn't get jealous? What if he doesn't care at all?"

"Then you have to move on."

"But... I can't," I shake my head. "We've been through so much together..."

"Stop dwelling on the what ifs," he groans. "Are we doing this or what?"

"What's in it for you?" I ask, suspiciously.

"I need someone to love me. Even if it's fake."

"Serious?" I scoff.

"It sounds stupid, I get it. It's just... been so long since I've had someone to be with." He looks away. "My relationships never last."

"Why?" I ask, quietly.

"I don't know," he shrugs. "They expect too much of me. I have my hands full with sport and school; I don't have time for dates and hangouts."

With You  (Souyo)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara