I Can't Hurt Him

Yu's POV:

"Game over, Miura," I say, pushing the door of the bar open. "You're done."

He sits on a stool with his elbow creased on the counter. His smile irritates the life out of me with his eyebrows raised. "Game over," he echos, tilting his head a little.

"Listen, Hana..." Shin says slowly, watching as her Shadow sits inches away from her. "Just come over here, okay?"

She slams her glass down on the table, turning to face him. "And why would I do that?" She hiccups.

"Because I'm here to save you," he snaps. "So move it."

"How dare you speak to her like that," Miura shakes his head in disgust.

"You're one to talk," Yosuke scoffs.

"How do you mean?" He smirks.

"Quit it," I grunt.

Naoto steps forward. "You're going down, no matter what. So, we'll do the honor of letting you choose. Are we doing this the easy way, or the hard way?"

"Hm." He raps his fingers against the countertop in a mocking manner. "That is the question, I suppose."

"I say we do it the quick way," I snap.

"Hey, Yosuke?" Miura spins around on his chair. "Why don't you decide?"

"And why the hell would he do that?" Shin frowns.

My eyes dart to the card in his palm. His Persona...

"Yosuke, look out!" I yell.

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

I reach my hand out to find my glasses amist the fog. Once my vision clears, I look around.

I notice Yu laying not too far from me. He looks... in pain?

"Hey..." I say, crawling over to him. I rest his head on my lap, brushing the hair out of his face. "Come on, Yu. Wake up."

His eyelids flutter, and I feel a glimmer of hope in my chest. It only takes a couple of moments before his eyes snap open, and he regains consciousness.

I smile, opening my mouth to thank him for pushing me out of the way, when he scrambles away from me himself.

"D-dude?" I murmur, standing up; admittedly feeling a little like an idiot.

He heads over to Giichi, standing at his side. Expressionless.

"Uh, Sensei...?" Teddie asks meekly.

"His eyes..." Yukiko mutters.

She's right. His eyes almost look pink in this lighting.

"Everyone, back away!" Rise warns. "He's been brainwashed."

"Oh, come on!" Shin scoffs. "We really need to start carrying around Dis-Charms..."

"Wait, brainwashed?" I stammer. "B-but-"

"I heard you got your Persona back, Narukami," Giichi smirks. "Maybe you weren't my ideal target, but why don't you show me what you're made of?"

I can't tear my eyes away from him. He slowly reaches for his card, squeezing it in his hands.

"You two back up," Kanji says to me and Shin.

"What- why?" Shin snaps.

"You're both weak to electricity, for god's sake," Chie scoffs.