Bark & Bite

Yu's POV:

The window is hazy, but it's enough for us to see through. Enough for us to see him.

"Hana?" Shin asks, confused. He slumps at the Shadow's feet, as if unable to move anymore.

"Get up!" Chie shouts, banging on the window.

"That's not the real Hana!" I yell, too, as we burst into the room, being caught by Shadows. They strain our hands behind our backs, and it hurts like hell.

The tower we stand in is tall, and goes even taller. The walls are stone, and a carpet rolls across the room in a blood red. Besides a couple of chairs – one being a throne – there's not much in the room. Besides the army of Shadows, of course.

"Yu?" He asks, dazed, turning his head slightly. "What are you...?"

"Don't listen to them," the Shadow hisses. "It's me, Shin, of course it is. Everything will be okay, now. Just come with me."

She helps him to his feet slowly. He stumbles here and there, but she always catches him.

"Don't be stupid!" Yosuke spits, wriggling in the restrains of the Shadows. "Listen to your head, dammit!"

"Listen to your heart," the Shadow soothes. "You're still in love with me, aren't you?"

"I..." Shin begins. "...Yeah. I am."

"Wh-what?!" Naoto gasps.

"That's... not true," I yelp.

This... shouldn't hurt as much as it does...

"Don't be jealous, now," it giggles mischievously. "He's not into... kids."

"But..." I breathe.

"Yu," Yosuke says softly, looking at me.

I know I should take my eyes away from them, but I can't. And seeing him with her after everything... It just hurts.

"I see!" Rise nods.

"What is it?" Kanji yells back to her.

"He's been inflicted with charm," she explains. "He'll follow her every command."

"F-for real?" Chie scoffs.

"Well... How do we snap him out of it?" I ask, desperately.

"I'm still trying to figure that out," she mumbles.

"Jiraya!" Yosuke calls unexpectedly. His Persona smites the Shadow holding me, causing me to fall to the ground. "Get him!!" He yells at me.

Without another thought, I scramble to my feet. I feel the heat of the fire attacks behind me, as well as hearing the screeches of the Shadows.

"Shin!" I scream, my throat tight.

I don't know what Hana's Shadow is trying to do, but it looks like she's trying to inflict another ailment onto him.

I jump into him, knocking him out of the way of the attack. I land on top of him as he yells in suprise.

"It's okay, it's okay!" I breathe.

I lay on his back, debating my next move. He shakes his head harshly, turning it as far as he can toward me. "What's... happening?" He gulps.

"Come, Tomoe!" Chie yells, breaking everyone else free.

"He's mine!" Hana's Shadow screams, shoving me off him, and grabbing Shin by his wrist. "Leave."

"Shin!" I yell.