Pain Magnet

Yu's POV:

"Don't be an idiot!" Yosuke yells. "You'll only get yourself hurt."

"You told me nobody was going to get hurt."

"Yu... get down from there!"

I'm hanging off the roof of the building, trying to haul myself up. It's not a that high, honestly. Yosuke could make his way up here, if he wanted.

"I have to make things right."

"I promised you I'd take care of you! I'd protect you: from Shin!"

I get hit by a bolt of déjà-vu, and hold my head, losing my balance.

"YU!" He screams.

I fall off the roof, and land back on the ground. Like I said previously, it isn't a high drop. It's only a one-storey building. I'm fine.

"You're so damn... reckless," he groans, helping me to my feet.

"I have to get back up there."

"No, Yu. Look, you're bleeding again," he points to my forehead, which now oozes with blood. "Sit down."

The two of us sit on a bench nearby as I use a tissue he had to soak up the blood.

"Shin doesn't need you," he sighs.

"...What?" I gulp.

"No! Shit, no... I- I didn't mean it like that!" He panics. "Of course he needs you!! I- I mean... he doesn't need you to rescue him..."

"Shouldn't we call the police, then?"

"No. Shin's rule: never call the police, unless there's a dead body."

"What's to say there isn't one in there?" I point back to the building behind us.

"You can't keep worrying."

"What am I supposed to do?! He's in there right now, and it should have been me."

"Yu." He lightly glides his hand onto my thigh, sighing. "If it means so much to you... We can find a way back."

"You mean it?" My eyes widen.

He nods. "I know how much you care about him. Plus, he's my brother, so I sorta gotta go back him up, huh?" He chuckles a little at the end.

"But they locked the front door," I remind him. "How are we supposed to get in?"

"I saw a window 'round back," Yosuke shrugs. "It was open slightly, so we can probably squeeze through."

"Yes!" I smile. "Yosuke, you're a genius!"

"Tell my grades that," he smirks.

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

Yu and I move around the back and we see that window I was telling him about. The only issue is the garbage bin outside it. It's a high window, so the only way in is to climb in the trash...

"...Help me move it?" He asks.

"Dude, we can't move that," I sigh. "It'll make a bunch of noise. We'll just have to... go through it."

"Are you serious...?" Yu frowns.

"Come on," I huff, swinging my leg over the edge. Once I'm in, I grab Yu's hand and help him up.

"Shit!" He groans, once we're in together. He holds his side, sucking in sharp breaths.

"Did you hear something?" A voice inside calls. "I'm gonna go check it out..."