Partners Forever, Right?

Yosuke's POV:

"Dude, it's closed off," I frown.

Yu chuckles while rolling his eyes, walking straight past the sign at the top of the steps.

"Wh-what are you doing?" I splutter. "We can't go down there, dammit."

"Says who?" He smiles coyly.

"S-says the sign," I scoff, dumbfounded. "And I thought you were the smart one."

"Oh, ignore that," he smirks, taking a couple of strides down the steps.

"Maybe we should go," I mumble.

"Why?" He cocks his head to the side like a small child. "We have the whole place to ourselves."

"But it's closed off-"

"Geez, Yosuke," he chuckles.

"Dude, we could get arrested for trespassing," I say, unsure of the humor in the situation.

"It's a sign, partner," he smiles.

"Yeah?" I shrug.

"Oh my god," he groans. "I try to do something nice for you, and you ruin it."

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"This!" He gestures around us.

"I still don't-"

"Me, you, alone," he laughs, holding out a hand for me. "Trust me."

I narrow my eyebrows, unable to figure him out. After a couple of moments, I take it, and reach his level.

"Now," he says softly. "Close your eyes."

"Yu, what the hell?"

"Do it," he hums.

"Okay, okay, whatever." I do as I'm told, and I can hear his laughter immediately grow. "This isn't to mess with me, is it?" I frown.

"No, no," he says. "You just..."

"Look like a loser?"

"Look so adorable."

"F-fuck off."

"Okay, come on," he says.

"I'm guessing you want me to fall down the stairs?" I scoff.

"Of course not," he chuckles.

In the next moment, I feel myself being lifted into the air, and saddled onto the back of something.

"What the fuck!?" I breathe, my eyes flickering open. "Put me down, man..."

"No way," he grins. "Hold on tight."

"Yu, I swear to god-"

"And close your eyes, won't you?" He sighs.

"You could trip, for crying out loud," I scoff.

"So? I'd be your soft landing," he chuckles lightly.

"Don't even joke about that," I grunt.

"Yes, yes, I get it," he laughs. "The conditions... Be careful... Yadda, yadda..."

"Please, put me down," I groan. "I don't want to hurt you."

"Yosuke," he says. "I won't trip. Trust me, okay?"

"I can't do that," I sigh. "Dude, if you fall..."

"It's a couple of stairs, Yosuke. Stairs I've walked down millions of times with you. Besides, you're the one with your eyes closed; not me."