Make Me Feel Like A Fool

Yu's POV:

I think I must have fallen asleep, too. Because when I wake up, he's tucked into my arms, pouting slightly.

Aww, what a baby.

I carefully untangle myself from his equation, and check my cell.

Shit... It's one in the morning... Dammit, we have school...

Why does this always happen?

But, damn, I'm starving... I hope he wouldn't mind me raiding his fridge while I'm here.

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

Either the movie was hella boring, or Giichi was hella tired.

Either way, I'm glad he's asleep. Lately, it feels like I can't get away from him. It's like he doesn't understand personal space.

Okay, I get it: he's broken up with someone, and he needs a rebound. But that's not what I wanted to be. This was his whole stupid idea.

I don't even want to kiss him. He knows what he's doing, but I don't. I like it better when neither of us know. Like with me and Yu.

Still... Yu thought I wanted him for his body? That's not true;  and he knows it. Why the hell would Giichi make something like that up? Unless... that's what he actually thought?

But I didn't want that! I mean, sure, I loved kissing him, and hugging him, and being around him, but that was because I wanted something more. I wanted him to know I loved him. I didn't want to just be... 'friends with benefits'.

I pull out a jacket from my closet and hang it around my shoulders. I need some fresh air.

~~~

I tip-toe downstairs, and see Teddie fast asleep on the couch. Ha... Knew he couldn't stay up too long. Still, it is pretty late.

I quietly make my way past him, ensuring not to wake him up.

I head over to the kitchen and turn the lights on when I see Yu leaning against the counter with a bowl of cereal in his hands.

"Y-Yu?"

"Oh, damn... Sorry... I, uh... didn't know you were awake..."

"You're... Still here?"

"Sorry. We... lost track of time."

Him... and Shin?

"No, I'm not mad at you," I shake my head. "Just... shocked, that's all."

"I- I was just a little hungry... so..."

"No, it's cool. Help yourself," I smile, opening the fridge.

"Where are you off to?"

"Umm, just going out," I shrug, taking out a cool glass of water.

"Want some company?"

"Uh... sure," I chuckle, taking a sip. "I'll let you finish your cereal first."

He smiles, scooping spoonfuls of colored bread into his mouth.

"Aren't you tried?" I ask. "We have school in a few hours."

"Nah, we fell asleep together," he shrugs, pushing the spoon back and forth through the milk anxiously.

"Oh."

"You were great, by the way," he says. "On stage, I mean."

"You've already said that," I smirk.