Advantage

Yu's POV:

I'm... in some sort of... room?

I can't remember how I got here. My head hurts like hell; like I've been drugged, or something.

I wait for my vision to clear so I can see that I'm in a hotel room. It's coated in pink and hearts everywhere. Dashes of red, too. It makes my stomach churn.

"You're awake." A voice comes from behind me, with great relief. He rushes in front of me, smiling. "I woke up a bit before you."

"Shin... Where is everyone? What happened?" I clutch my head.

"I'm... trying to figure that out. All I know is that we're trapped in this... room together."

"Screw that. Where's Yosuke?"

"I... I don't know," he sighs.

"Shin, we have to get out of here."

"I know that," he scoffs.

"How the hell could this happen!?"

"I don't know, okay?" He mutters. "Just... settle down."

I furrow a brow. "You're awfully calm about this."

"Huh?" He says.

My nostrils flare. "Shin, you didn't set this up, did you?"

"What?" He snorts. "Why the fuck would I do that? How the fuck could I do that!?"

"I don't... fucking know," I shrug. "But, did you? I'm serious, Shin. This isn't funny. We have to make sure Yosuke is okay."

"Will you slow down for a minute?" He grunts. "It's got to be Miura. Or Hana."

"But... why?" I mumble. "Why me and you? Why... in this room... Together...?"

"I don't have all the answers."

"No... Shin, this is fucked up."

"I know—"

"No, you don't know."

"Yu—"

"Why... why is this happening?"

"Just—"

"This is... your fault..." I whisper.

"What?" He scoffs.

"All because... you're still in love with me," I snap.

"Get the fuck off your high horse," he scoffs.

"I can't stay in here with you."

"And why not?"

"Jesus, Shin, isn't it obvious!?"

"The hell do you expect me to do!?"

"I don't know, but... Ever since I told you about Yosuke... You've been really fucking strange."

"What, did you just expect me to not be bothered at all?" He says. "You broke my heart."

"It wasn't... intentional. And... Hell, we weren't even that serious."

He pulls a face. "Maybe not for you."

"...Shin—"

"I have nothing to do with this, Yu," he mumbles, turning away. "...But... I have to know..."

"...Yeah?"

"Did you...?" He whispers. "Ever actually give a damn? About me... or my feelings?"

"Dude, of course I did," I shrug.