Trying To Be The Hero

Yu's POV:

I'm already regretting this.

I don't want to talk to her. Hell, I can barely even stand to see her.

And yet she seems so calm about this – about everything. It makes me hate her so much.

She leads me behind the building, not saying a word.

I don't want to speak, either.

"Okay," she breathes, finally, coming to a stop where no one can see us.

"Hurry it up."

"Can we please... just let the past be the past?"

I can barely believe what she's saying. "What?"

"...You're worrying everyone in there."

I grit my teeth. "After what you did to me—"

"What I did was practically nothing," she scoffs. "So just... please. Stop worrying Emi."

"She's the whole reason it happened. All because you were a jealous bitch."

"Jealous?" She shakes her head mockingly. "As if."

"You... you used me to get to her. To... prove to yourself that you're superior."

"So, what?"

"...You think that's okay!?" I snap.

"Narukami, stop, okay? It was just sex."

I feel the anger rise in my body. "Do you have any fucking idea how scared I was after that night? Anybody who tried to touch me in any way possible would be denied immediately. I... It constantly plays in my mind, Togo. Day and night. And... when I look at someone I like... I can only imagine them violating me the way you did."

She shakes her head. "That's not my fault, though."

The temptation to grab her by her shirt and slam her against the wall rises, but I can't. I can't hurt her.

She's a girl.

"So just drop this, will you?" She groans. "It's starting to annoy us all."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I scoff. "Is my trauma bothering you? Is it getting in the way of your perfect little life?"

"You just shut up," she frowns. "You wanted it."

"...I wanted it?" My nostrils flare.

"I could see it in your eyes. The way you looked at me. The way you held me."

"...I—"

"Stop trying to play the victim. We just had underaged sex, what's the deal?"

"It... it wasn't just sex," I grimace.

"I can't lie, Narukami... You felt good."

"I... what...?" I splutter.

"You know, if you wanted, we could re-enact that scene right here and now." She grins at me, cornering me into the wall.

"N-no..." I plead. "Please, just... just get away from me..."

"Yu!" Rio calls, running toward us.

Togo quickly backs off.

"What's the matter?" I ask, quickly clearing my throat.

"Some shit's going down in there," she says.

"Alright, let's go," I say.

I don't even give Togo the satisfaction of looking at her. I don't let her see my rage. I just run.

~~~