Timeless

Yosuke's POV:

"Alright, is everyone here?" Ms. Kashiwagi's voice calls in a monotone voice. There are a few mumbles in response, and that's enough for her to tell the driver to start up the engine.

And it pisses me off. Not about Kashiwagi bein' a bitch and all, knowing damn well we've probably left several kids behind. It's Yu. Yu and Shin, together again.

They sit next to each other, laughing and smiling and touching each other. It makes me sick.

All I have to do is talk to him, right? That's what Teddie said. Make him give me a straight answer.

Why the hell am I even taking advice from him, anyway?! It's not like he's ever been in love before. And he's practically a kid. All the advice he's got probably came from some manga or TV show or something.

But I want to trust Yu. I may be incredibly stupid to do so, but I want to. I want to have hope that this will work. Because I don't want to lose him. I really, honestly don't.

But... maybe he wants to lose me...?

See? So many questions left unanswered. That's why I need him to answer them for me. He can't ignore me and all that's happened between us. He can't put us to the side because of Shin. He can't forget about me.

I keep waiting for an opening, but nothing comes. He and Shin are so intensely staring at each other that it makes me want to scream. I guess I could just go over there and take Yu away. Or simply yell at him in front of everyone. Though that may not be the best course of action.

"Stop staring at them." Chie nudges me from the side.

"What?"

"You look like a creep."

"Hey, weren't they supposed to break up?" Yukiko says.

"Keep your voice down," I hiss. "And, yes, they were."

"What the hell happened?" Chie rests her head on her palm atop of the table, now also staring at them.

"Hell if I know," I murmur.

"Doesn't it make you mad?"

"What do you think?" I snap, turning my head to face her.

"Okay, dumb question, fair enough." She sits back again.

"So, what now?" Yukiko asks.

"I need to talk to him," I sigh.

"Go," Chie urges.

"I can't now," I groan.

"Why the hell not?"

"Shin'll want to come."

"Tell him to back off."

"I just- let me sort it out, okay?" I mumble. "I'm not an idiot."

"That's debatable." She sips her drink, looking away as if I hadn't heard her.

"Don't look," Yukiko whispers.

"What?" I frown.

I turn back to look at Yu and Shin, and bite my lip to stop myself from crying.

Shin's so close to him. He's practically on top of him - holding him, spreading kisses on his cheek, and wherever else.

"Shit," Chie says, quietly.

Without another word, I stand up, and head out of the cart until I reach the very last one at the end of the train.

~~~