Canyon of Truth

Yu's POV:

Shin likes having the radio on when he's driving. In a way, I guess it's a good solution to end the defining silence that always forms around us. Though the radio has got a pretty bad signal out here, so it's giving me a headache, if anything else.

"Shin," I say, turning the radio down.

"Yeah?" He quickly looks over to me before looking back to the road.

"I'm sorry. You know, about before."

"Hey, don't worry about it. It's okay to be a little insecure, koibito," he smiles slightly.

"I know. I was probably just annoying you, though."

"Enough of that," he sighs. "You know you don't annoy me."

But the tone he says it in tells me a different story.

"Shin?" I ask, quietly.

"What is it?"

"Thanks. Y'know... For bringing me along with you."

"I wasn't planning on leaving you," he chuckles.

"...Did you tell your family?"

"About us leaving? Hell no."

"Won't they be worried?" I frown.

"Like hell they'll be. They don't give a shit about me. Not anymore."

"Yosuke does."

"That's bullshit."

"I'm serious, Shin. He does care about you. More than you'd like to believe; he told me so."

"...He cares about you, too."

"Yeah, I guess...?"

"Uh, Yu? Was... was there ever anything between you and my brother?"

I stop for a moment, processing his words. Something between us? What does he mean? He thinks we were dating? ...Is he wrong? I mean, shit, we never made it official, but what we had certainly wasn't nothing.

"Yu," he says, sternly.

"No," I say -- too quickly to even process why I say it.

"Good," he sighs. "Sorry for making assumptions. You guys just seemed really close, that's all."

"Yosuke and I are just friends. We always have been, and we always will be."

Other than he has feelings for me. And... Well, I do, too.

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

Just as planned, I meet Giichi on Junes' rooftop. He waves me over as I take a seat opposite him.

"Hey," I say, pulling my chair closer to the table.

"Hey, there," he smiles.

"What's up?"

"Nothing," he yawns.

"Tired?"

"Yeah. It was a long night."

"Long night? What do you mean?" I ask.

"Dunno. I was just thinking over some stuff... Like what I said last night."

"What did you say last night?" I smile awkwardly at the fact I can't remember it.

"When I... told you how I felt. I know it was stupid of me, and I'm sorry."

"No, Giichi," I shake my head. "I'm glad you told me, really. I don't want you to feel like you have to hide things from me."

"And I meant what I said," he nods, slowly. "I do really like you, Yosuke."