₊❏❜ ⋮Escaped⌒

Do check out the previous chapter before reading this one<333

AUTHOR'S POV

They exited the basement cautiously, scanning around and making sure if there was someone. The sky was too dark indicating that it's literally the time of ghosts to walk around, the moon was covered by dusky clouds and it seemed as if the sky didn't calm down even after pouring for whole evening.

They watched around before taking a step and ran in tiny, hiding behind a wall. They knew that they can't escape through the main gate as it'll be securely guarded. Hence, they went towards the backside.

"I----" Kiara stopped in her tracks, catching her breath and stopping Shaurya from moving ahead. She actioned him to look behind and he obliged.

There were two men walking back and fourth holding a rifle. They almost reached the back gate where these two were the only ones guarding the gate. He noticed that the gate was closed but closed without a lock.

He dragged her behind a drum and scrunched down along with her. "Listen, You should come only when I call you, okay? Till then, don't go anywhere," He said. She hesitated to nod, she wanted to go with him, she was afraid if something would happen.

"It's fine, you know right? That I am person who keeps his word?" He asked her, softly and caressed her cheek as she nodded. "I will get us both out of here, safely. Hmm? Don't worry," he said and hugged her, keeping her head on his chest, caressing her hair and assuring her that he will take care of everything.

He pulled back and swallowed the lump in his throat, "But...If by chance, something happened," He said and cupped her cheek before continuing, "Don't hesitate to go without me...promise me that you will not risk yourself to save me,", he said, his eyes started glittering while Kiara's eyes formed crystals, she shook her head which resulted a tear drop to fall down.

She was about to say something when he cut her off, "Kiara, Please........Please," he requested her, she kept her hand on his and looked down letting her eyes flow, and finally accepted his request.

He ventured out, not daring to look behind. He composed his posture like them and walked ahead. He used all his acting skills in this and went on. "Master, called you," he said, pointing at one of them.

"Me?" The man who Shaurya pointed at asked to which he responded 'yes'. That man hesitated to believe him, yet he handed his rifle over to him and walked ahead towards the entrance.

After his departure, he started walking like that man. When he reached a dead end and turned around he noticed that these two were not the only people present there.

Men wearing the same costume were guarding the place even from balconies. 'He really went crazy!' he thought to himself. They were guarding the place like a military base which made him wonder more about this building.

He stopped in a position where the people in balconies could not see him and waited for the next man to complete his walk. When that man reached him, shaurya pulled him by neck, with a swift move he removed the knife from his pocket and stabbed it in the side of his neck.

After releasing a sigh, he removed that man's bulletproof jacket. He actioned Kiara to come, she ran towards him cautiously, after looking around. He made her wear it and stuffed her hair inside the jacket, he removed that guy's mask and made her wear it. After making sure that she looked like a man, they trailed off, walking like those two men.

A guy noticed that the person walking was not similar with the person who was walking, but he shrugged it off and did his duty. Shaurya cautiously opened the gate and kicked it lightly, as he didn't want to open it wide.

Everything was going nice, when the man who Shaurya fooled by saying 'master called you' came back. He shouted after seeing the other person's body which caught everyone's attention.

"Shit," shaurya cursed under his breath before dragging Kiara towards the gate. "Catch him!" One of them said, when he started shooting the rifle. He killed that man and urged her to go.

He shot the sand bags arranged in a corner near him creating a mist. Hearing the noise of the rifle, everyone started shooting but as they couldn't see anything, they ended up shooting at the ground which created more dust to lure around him.

Shaurya used this chance and ran away with Kiara, locking the gate from outside. He saw a man waving at him from a car a little away from the main gate, but men already started coming from that side which made him run in the opposite direction.

Firing sounds were heard behind them as they ran and ran. Everything was going in blue for them. Their footsteps echoed in the place. The place looked more rich, filled with apartments. They exited the place, not knowing where to go, they just ran and ran until they reached a main road.

Kiara held her knee, and breathed hard, he hoped to see no one following them but to their dismay, they could see them chasing with a car which made his eyes widened. Not one or two, more than 4 cars were chasing them making him gulp.

He looked around and noticed a man who he assumed to be a lorry driver got on a vehicle and started it. "Come," he said and held her hand in his before dragging her with him. They ran behind that vehicle, when they almost reached it, he helped her to get upon it, and she held his hand trying to pull him inside the lorry, along with her.

He ended up falling on it with his legs hanging down and body lying upon. He balanced himself and got up scratching his palm, elbow and knee in the process.

When their car came in view, this lorry took a turn which made them sigh. They panted hard, sitting opposite to each other and resting their head on the steel surface covering of the vehicle.

"Finally," he stated and closed his eyes trying to calm his breathe.

After composing themselves, he removed his mask and threw it away. They stared at each other with a smile and started chuckling. The vehicle was travelling in high way, their laugh echoed in the trees, She chuckled along with him and literally flied upon him, she encircled her arm around his neck and cried in his embrace as he caressed her hair.

"It's over, Kiara... That's it...we made it," he said, and kissed her head lovingly. She nodded her head, smiling and let out a cry to which he hugged her more.

The dark clouds faded away making the moon visible. The moon shone in the dark along with the stars, the serene view made them scoot closer to each other as they stared at the sky and dived into their dreamland.

HIIIIII GUYSS!!!!😃😃

So I am back in track. 😌

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

I tried my best in describing this part as I have no experience in writing these type of scene. This is actually my first time to be honest. Hihi- 😅

Finally, they escaped! Oohhh!!🥳

But there is still something coming, 🕴🏻

Stay tuned for that! And don't forget to vote, comment and share. ❤️

It really hypes me up to write after seeing the votes. ✨

Byeeee💕

Love ya! 💗💗