'He must have had a dream about me' he'd nag her as she played the songs he liked 'The Prettiest Star, who else would be his muse if not me and of course Lady Stardust is also me, Remus said so"

Astrid would just nod, paying him little attention as he did this with all songs really, wether it was Queen, David Bowie or ABBA. Astrid never said anything out loud, but when she looked at Sirius, she could agree that he of all people would be one's muse.

"Go on and get ready" Lucille smiled excitedly at her daughter, stepping into the hallway leading to the front door with a piping bag in her hand

Astrid looked her mother up and down, overalls splattered with dried paint from years ago loosely hanging on her body and a T-shirt that belonged to her older sister under. Her hair was short again, messily out of her face with a headband.

"No thanks mum" Astrid climbed the stairs "not in the mood"

"Honey" there were footsteps as her mother rushed to put the piping bag on the kitchen counter, running over as she wiped her hands down her legs. Catching Astrid at the top of the stairs "I've already planned a small dinner"

Astrid turned to her, beyond frustrated "mum"

"And Eli sent a dress" Lucille pouted "she expects photos you know"

Astrid turned away, letting out a sound of disapproval that confirmed she would do as her mother asked, putting the earbud back into her ear.

Sometimes she wished her birthday wasn't just deemed as a 'break everyone could use'

Nonetheless she put on a smile and got ready, her bedroom overflowing with gifts sent from friends, family and admirers all over the world. So, she wore the dress her aunt had made her, smelt the flowers on her bedside table from her friends, sprayed the bergamot perfume Krum sent her and re tied the heels Pansy had designed and gotten made for her. She laughed at the note Theo's gift held, a pair of earrings for the next piercings they'd get together and smiled warmly at the set of candles Blaise sent that smelt of blueberry pancakes, a memory from their childhood.
...
"Where is the birthday girl?" Anthony's voice drifted to the stairs where Astrid slowly descended

She smiled at how warm and familiar it was, how every-time she saw him she'd feel nostalgic.

"Getting dressed" Lorenzo's bored tone answered

She cleared her throat, walking in with a smirk on her face and her hands crossed behind her back "well I hope you didn't come empty handed"

"You absolute git, is that how you greet a man after his long travels?" He grinned at her, throwing an arm around her to pull her into a rib crushing hug

"You decided to travel, not my fault"

"Hello!" Arthur's voice came from the front door

"My boys" Astrid squealed, clapping her hands at the group of people that had walked into the living room, shaking their coats off and smiling brightly with gifts in hand "ohh my sweet boys" Astrid ran over to Ron first, bombarding him in a tight hug as they rocked back and forth, almost knocking the small blue bag out of his hands

"Oh my sweet Harry" she reached an arm out to hang around Harry's neck, breaking the hug off with Ron to hug Harry properly, squeezing him tightly

"It feels like I just saw you yesterday" Harry sighed dramatically "gosh, things haven't changed one bit"

"Idiot" Astrid pinched his cheeks

"Where's Hermione?" Ron asked, looking around after hugging her parents hello

"Ah" Jean smiled brightly "there she comes"