Chapter Thirty: Don't Ever Look Back

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER THIRTY: DON'T EVER LOOK BACK

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

As you all entered the ballroom, Sloane and Luther could be seen dancing in the center, with Teenage Dream starting to play in the background. A few smokey clouds could be seen in the distance, appearing to be on the clouds—almost as in a dream.

As Klaus hooked his arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer to him, he was grinning broadly at Sloane and Luther.

Five sighed. "This is officially worse than the apocalypse." He muttered. He turned around and found a few bottles of champagne. "Ah, there we are." He made his way to the alcohol while Allison and Ben went to one of the tables.

You watched as Lila and Diego went to the dance floor and began dancing together. Klaus pulled you in and started dancing with you while you laughed since the dance moves he was making didn't match the song.

You didn't care. He was having fun and so were you.

Despite the fact that the bottles were identical, Five was still choosing what to drink, as seen by Klaus. "Ahh, we're gonna call someone," Klaus whispered to you before excusing himself to approach Five. Klaus tapped his finger constantly on the shoulder of Five when he was close to him. "Hey, tiny dancer."

Five didn't look at his brother. "What do you want, Klaus?"

"Dance with me mi hermana, hm?" Klaus beamed. "Come on! While the song is still on."

Finally, Five turned around to face Klaus. He was about to speak until he saw you checking on Viktor if he was feeling alright. Before setting his drink down, Five chewed the inside of his cheek. "Fine." He simply replied before walking towards you.

Klaus let out a hushed cheer before reentering the dance floor and engaging himself in solo dance.

"Don't worry, Viktor, you look great." You reassured your brother, who was sitting down and was watching the others dance. "You always do."

Viktor smiled and slightly blushed. "Thanks, (Y/n)." He landed his eyes on someone behind you, causing him to smirk. "Looks like someone's got a partner on the dance floor."

After a moment of confusion, you blinked your eyes again and turned to see Five standing next to you. You smiled. "Hi."

"Hey." Five greeted back. 'Fuck, why am I nervous now?' He cleared his throat and made an effort to wipe the sweat from his palm on his pocket before taking his hand out to you. 'Five, you're a grown man and you have killed plenty of people. You can ask a stunning girl out on a dance. But damn it, you suck at dancing.'

"Wanna dance?" Five asked with a blank expression. On the inside, he was internally screaming. 'Wanna dance?! Come on, Five, you can do better than that. Stop acting like a fucking awkward teenager!'

You chuckled and nodded, holding his hand. "I'd love to."

My heart stops
When you look at me

You stepped onto the dance floor with Five, and as you did, he put his hands on your hips and you threw your arms around his neck. You broke into a grin when you remembered something. "This is so familiar."

Just one touch
Now, baby, I believe

Five thought for a moment before smiling as well. "I think I remember it too."