Chapter Twenty-Seven: Answer The Question, (Y/n)

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: ANSWER THE QUESTION, (Y/N)

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You departed the Academy early in order to find Allison. Even though it should be the other way around, you wanted to talk to her. Chet was busy looking after Mr. Pennycrumb when you passed by. You noticed Allison drinking by herself when you turned to look around the bar. "Hey, Ali." You greeted and saw Allison froze on her spot.

'Ali' was the old nickname you used to call Allison when you were kids. She adored it since you were not as close to her as you were with Viktor, Five, Klaus, or Ben.

But not even bringing back that simple happy memory brought a smile to Allison. As you sat down on a stool next to her and grabbed a bottle, you sighed. "I... want to talk and apologize."

"Bold choice," Allison muttered.

"I'm being nice here, Allison." You warned. "And trust me, you don't want to get to my bad side."

Allison inhaled sharply before turning to face you. "Fine." She said. "What do you want to talk about?"

You stared at her for a moment before you turned to glance around when you noticed Chet moving away from Mr. Pennycrumb to attend to something at his desk. One of the chairs was occupied by Mr. Pennycrumb, who was lounging comfortably there while sticking his tongue out at you. You gave the dog a quick smile before returning your attention to Allison. "Were you willing to sacrifice my own life just to see Claire again?" You asked her.

It was pretty straightforward but even if you feel worried for Allison, you were hurt by her words earlier.

"What?" Allison asked as if she didn't hear the question for the first time.

You took a deep breath. "You saw how it was draining me... trying to make your daughter be real in this timeline despite her not existing in the first place. And yet you urged me to do something." You explained. "Does my life mean nothing to you?"

For a brief moment, Allison kept her mouth shut as she shook the glass to swirl her drink. "I only wanted to see my daughter, (Y/n)." She replied coldly. "I mean, you were also trying to make someone real too, right?"

"I was just trying, Allison. It doesn't mean I was professional at twisting reality at my own will. It would take years to be successful at that kind of power."

And before Allison could reply, you quickly interrupted her. "And don't you dare say that I didn't try hard enough for your daughter. Remember Allison, you rumored me and forced me to do what you wanted."

"You were able to resist."

"Until I couldn't because I didn't want to let you down." You huffed, beginning to regret talking to Allison in this situation. "You're my sister, Allison. I would do anything for you, but the shit you did to me was too far. But fine, I forgive you."

"For what? I just rumored you."

"When you know damn well that rumoring me was one of the reasons my brain got fucked up!" You exclaimed before inhaling sharply and taking a quick drink from your bottle. You were under too much stress as a result of this. You intended to speak with Allison in a mature and collected manner. You even overcame your fear of her powers because she no longer needed to start a sentence with "I heard a rumor."

As she lowered her gaze, Allison sighed. She doesn't know what's happening to her. She didn't want to argue with you, but her mouth kept talking before she could even think. You didn't even do anything wrong to her, yet she is venting all of her frustrations on you.