Deleted Scene #5: You Have To Let Me Go

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

DELETED SCENE #5: YOU HAVE TO LET ME GO

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You tapped your foot while you waited outside. You tightened your embrace of Five's blazer as you looked around the forest. "I should've brought a beer with me."

You waited while swinging your foot back and forth until you snapped your head to the side when you noticed someone staring at you by the woods. You stopped dead in your tracks and went closer to the figure. "Hello?" You asked.

When you were getting closer to the figure but further away from the trailer, your breath hitched when you noticed it was Nico standing beside a tree. "Hey there, pumpkin."

You kept your gaze at him as you held Five's blazer tighter to keep you calm. "I'm losing my damn mind..." You whispered. "I-I've drank too much... I—"

Nico started to approach you, and you flinched. You didn't move as you observed him come to a stop in front of you. His hand reached out to pat your hand. 'He felt so real. How?' Your eyes watered as you clung even more to Five's blazer like a teddy bear. "I'm sorry..." You broke into a sob. "I-I should've just brought you along. O-Or stayed if I knew this timeline was going to mess up your life. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Pa—"

"Shh..." Nico hushed as he shook his head. "You have to let me go."

You shook your head. "I can't."

"Yes, you can."

You continued to shake your head. "It's not easy, Nico." You stated as tears begin to stream down your face. "If it was easy, I wouldn't be here talking to a hallucination version of you."

Nico sighed. "You're keeping so much to yourself that it's drowning and killing you, (Y/n). And the more you ignore the pain, the more you feel like you're going insane." He stated. "Grief can make you go nuts, darlin'. And so is trauma. But remember you're not alone in this. You never were."

"I don't want them worrying." You admitted as you looked down. "Especially Five. He's dealing with a lot of shit right now, and he deserves a break—"

"Shh, shh." Nico hushed you once more. "Both of you deserve a break. All of you deserve a break. Remember, I'm not truly gone, (Y/n). I'm always here." He pointed at your head before moving his finger to your chest. "And here."

As tears continued to fall down your cheeks, you felt his hand cup your cheek. Nico smiled at you as you raised your head to look at him. "Can't I at least make you come back?"

"We both know your limit with your powers. It would be too dangerous, pumpkin. And I want you safe and sound."

You sighed while Nico kissed your forehead. "Do me a favor and check my wallet in my box, would ya? And (Y/n)?"

"Yeah?"

"Know that I'm always proud of you."

-•-°-•-°-☆

Deleted scenes are deleted parts from a chapter that I wrote but didn't make it to the final published chapters.

I JUST FUCKIN' REALIZED SOMETHING! Nico helped to protect Harlan from the Handler in book 2... but Harlan ended up accidentally killing Nico's daughter 😭😭😭

p.s. sorry for the slow update! i'm currently working on something and school has started. the next deleted scene will be the last one. and in that, i will share the link to the upcoming video i'll post on tiktok :)