Chapter Twenty-One: A Cool Chimp Riding A Bike

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: A COOL CHIMP RIDING A BIKE

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"(Y/n)?" Five asked as he walked into your room and noticed that you were lying on your bed with your back facing him. Mr. Pennycrumb had been whimpering while lying by your feet, but his mood changed when he spotted Five. "(Y/n)?" Five softly called out again.

You turned around with a bottle of vodka in your arms. You managed to have a small nap while the Hargreeves have their little commotion downstairs. "Hi..." You greeted and continued to drink. Five, who groaned and took the alcoholic beverage from your hand, causing you to whine. "Noo! Not my comfort juice."

Mr. Pennycrumb was scooped up by Five and set on his lap as he sat next to you. "A lot of things happened since you left the bar."

You looked at him. "Spill the tea, my little gremlin."

Five paused for a moment before speaking. "Klaus found the Kugelblitz in the mansion's basement. The only way for us to enter the estate is through Harlan, who is now being protected by Viktor from the Sparrows. Viktor allowed Harlan to flee while claiming to have a plan." He pulled out something from the inner pocket of his blazer. "Future me have this trashy tattoo, and now you're coming with me to the place where he got this."

You processed everything he said and shook your head. "I can't come with you. Now give me my vodka back."

"That's not a request."

You huffed. "Why do you want me to come with you?"

"Because you're looking shittier and more miserable. I'm only gone for like a day." Five stated. "Come on, tell me what's up with you."

You blinked your eyes as you stared at him. "You were gone for only a day?" You asked in disbelief. 'So much has happened within that day...'

"(Y/n), you know I can't read your mind so spill it." You grabbed a pillow and covered it over your face while shaking your head. Five rolled his eyes and snatched the pillow away from you. "Come on, (Y/n)—" Five interrupted his own sentence when he saw you covering your face, struggling to keep yourself from crying.

Mr. Pennycrumb whined, upset that you were depressed. Five was reminded to take action when the dog gave his tummy a firm rub. Your hands were gently pulled away from your face by Five as he sighed and moved nearer. "Why is it that whenever I leave to visit the Commission, something always happens to you, hm?" He asked, more like to himself or to the universe. Five saw your lips trembling and your bloodshot eyes.

He can tell you were worn out.

Your cheek was stroked by Five as he pursed his lips. "Did you even get enough sleep?"

You gazed down, shaking your head quietly. A finger was placed under your chin by Five, who then lifted your head up and made you turn to face him. Five then brushed your hair out of your cheeks. "I won't force you to open up to me. But know that I will be here when you're ready to share, okay?"

You continued to be silent while your eyes began to well up with tears as you nodded. Five made an awkward attempt to give you a hug while opening his arms slightly. You couldn't help but smile at his attempts since he was trying. You sat up and gave him a warm embrace, being careful not to squeeze Mr. Pennycrumb while doing so. Five hugged you in return and patted your back. "Where are we going?" He heard you ask.