Chapter Twenty-Two: I Just Wanna Die, Five

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: I JUST WANNA DIE, FIVE

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

Upon entering the forest, you and Five discovered a trailer that was only a few meters from the main road. Along with a woman smoking and reading on her bench, you also discovered Pogo's bike parked there. You leaped out of your seat after Five parked the stolen bike that you and he had previously taken. "You looked hot riding that bike, did you know that?" You asked Five while staring at the bike.

"Thank—"

"Maybe it was just the bike that made you look hot. Or maybe the bike itself is just hot."

"Nevermind."

Five and you started to walk towards the trailer when the woman stopped and asked you two a question. "Can I help you both?"

"We need a word with Pogo." You said politely.

The woman shook her head. "Ain't no Pogo here, pumpkins."

Five huffed. "Okay." He stepped closer but the woman stood up, facing him. "So I suggest you get your asses off my property before I call a truant officer."

You and Five remained silent while staring at the woman for a moment until a voice spoke up that was coming from inside the trailer. "It's okay, Tammy." You and Five heard Pogo reassure. "Let the kids in."

Before turning to face you and Five, the woman, Tammy, cast a quick glance in the direction of the trailer. Five gave her a small smirk and raised his eyebrows while you waved your fingers at her in a good-bye gesture and followed Five to the trailer.

When you and Five entered the trailer, Pogo was already inside, drinking his liquor. "Never seen Pogo like this." You whispered to Five while Tammy sat on the other side of the trailer, continuing to read her book and eventually starting to hear what was going on.

You leaned up against the wall while Five took a seat. You wanted to sit at the table, but you decided it would be strange to do so, so you stayed up. Pogo cocked his gun underneath the table, and you and Five overheard it. "You two are either dumb or desperate." Pogo stated. "Which is it?"

You shook your head as you crossed your arms. "Don't bring me into this, Pogo. I just came along."

Pogo gave you a quick glance before turning to face Five. Five moved his hand to reach for his 100-year-old self's skin that was in his inner pocket. "You tell me." He answered Pogo before placing the skin down at the table.

Pogo placed his drink down and took the skin while you scrunched your nose. "That looks like my work, but I never did that tattoo." Pogo replied.

"Not yet, you haven't. I cut it off my 100-year-old self."

"Ah, so desperate it is."

"You would be too if you knew the entire universe was at stake."

Pogo let out a sharp inhale. "So it's happened." He muttered as he de-cocked the pistol under the table. Pogo pulled something out of a box, a journal to be precise, and opened it to show you and Five a page. "Ah, here it is. Look familiar?"

In order to compare the tattoo, Five took the journal and laid the skin down. A sigil from the notebook that matched the tattoo on the skin was visible when you leaned in closer.

"Reggie was obsessed with these symbols." Pogo stated. "It's a sigil. A symbol thought to have magical powers."

You chuckled. "Reggie believing in magic? That's new."