Chapter Nineteen: Don't Fight it

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER NINETEEN: DON'T FIGHT IT

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"Oh, my God..." You whispered as you saw Jeanie's clones get mercilessly slain down by you. The clones vanished shortly after, but the sight of their twisted and broken bodies has remained in your head.

Taking advantage of your disoriented situation, Jeanie managed to escape your control. In her final attempt to carry out her self-centered scheme, she lunged after you while grabbing a knife from her boot. When Jeanie came at you, you turned to face her and dodged, but not before getting cut on your arm. "Ack!" You yelped as you grabbed Jeanie, twisted her arm, and broke it.

In pain, Jeanie screamed and started coughing. "You fucking monster!" She yelled. "Did you have to go all killing spree to my clones?!"

"I told you already that I can't control that side of my powers!" You scolded angrily. "I kept trying, okay?! And it didn't help at all that you were going to turn on me in the end! I thought we could be fucking friends, you miserable bitch!"

You took a long, trembling breath and raked your fingers through your hair as you continued to feel your stress levels rise. The pain in your head was excruciating. Many events have taken place, all only for today. Jeanie was looking back at you when you turned to face her. Because her head was corrupted by greed and power, she wasn't the same Jeanie you used to know. But it also harbored fears for you if the original Jeanie could ever commit such an act.

It was just too much. You sobbed and clutched your hand close to your head and chest as you broke down in tears. There is so much pain everywhere. It wasn't pleasurable getting rid of Jeanie's clones because it felt like you were killing the actual Jeanie. Considering that the Jeanie you used to know had the same face as this Sparrow Jeanie.

As you sobbed on the floor, Jeanie stared helplessly and was taking a few deep breaths. Her heart broke seeing you in this situation; it was as if she were witnessing a kid crying. You were sobbing uncontrollably, and there was nothing to give you solace. Jeanie was aware that she was not the best person to console you. She soon remembered the former plan that she and Reginald had devised.

"I need you to tell me how to extract someone's powers."

"What are you going to do when you finally have that?"

"I'll claim it as my own."

The small gadget that Reginald had used to steal someone's power—and which now belonged to Jeanie—was taken out of her pocket by Jeanie. Jeanie gave you a quick look before sighing.

Too many images kept flashing through your head as you continued to brush your tears away. "Stop, please. Make it stop." You whispered as you clenched your eyes close. "Stop, stop, stop."

"Elliott fucking died because of you! All of you!"

"Elliott..." You whimpered when you remembered how you found his corpse.

"Ben, look out!"

"Ben..." You cried harder when you remembered how Ben died from the Jennifer Incident.

Then you started seeing the bodies of the people you had unintentionally killed when you were younger. The memories Allison used her powers to make you forget, but now you remember them all. And it didn't help when you saw Jeanie's lifeless and bloody clones around.