Chapter Five: You Promised

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER FIVE: YOU PROMISED

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You took a quick shower, changed into some new clothes, and left the hotel while Five was in the sauna (and even taking a bath). Five needed to spend some time by himself, as you had wanted. You were the one who suggested he take a relaxing sauna session as well. In 20 days, he had to deal with two apocalypses, and he never had a chance to rest properly. He deserves to have a break.

The moon was as bright as ever as the sun had already set. You held onto Nico's blue baseball cap tightly and summoned a cab to take you to his house. You peered out the window to observe any potential alterations that might have occurred after the timeline was changed.

There was not much besides the large signs and billboards advertising the Sparrow Academy. You were reminded of the fame the Hargreeves siblings and you had as members of the Umbrella Academy when you were young. The fame was too much in your opinion. You didn't want to be popular or be forced to become a superhero. As boring as it may have appeared and sounded, you wanted to be normal and live an ordinary life. You didn't want to possess powers that could possibly be harmful if your emotions get the better of you.

After leaving the Academy, you made an effort to live a normal life. You earned your degree, got a comfortable job, and lived in a simple apartment.

You wanted to be ordinary. Unfortunately, fate had other plans.

Soon, you arrived at the Russell residence. Once the driver had been paid, you exited the cab and stood outside while gazing at your grandfather's home. It felt as though you had already done this with each step you took as you moved forward. You're afraid of how the man you admire and cherish will react when he sees you as you walk to his house.

"In 2019. I'll try to stay alive so we could meet again then you return that cap back to me."

You stood in front of your grandfather's house, hesitating on whether to press the doorbell just beside the door. 'Oh screw it.' You pressed the doorbell twice and waited for anyone to answer.

"Hold on!" You heard someone from inside.

You waited patiently and looked at the streets. It was a busy night for the people and sometimes you wish you could be like them now that you're stuck with a teenager body. As you waited for the door to open, your thoughts wandered back to the day you had made the decision to visit Nico before.

"Am I dreaming or is that you, (Y/n)?"

"Please don't have a heart attack. Yes, it's me. Apparently, I'm stuck on my 15-year-old body."

"You were raised with children who have powers like you by a billionaire, (Y/n). Nothing seems to surprise me anymore when it's about you. But I do want to know why you're back in 15. Come on inside."

As soon as you heard the door open, you sighed and turned around. On the other side, where you had anticipated seeing your grandfather, there was someone else, much to your surprise. An unknown woman opened her door and looked down to see you. "May I help you?"

You stammered for words. "I—um, I'm here for Nicholas Russell."

The woman gasped. "Oh, the kind old man? I... well, he's..."

As you awaited the woman's clear answer, your heart began to beat rapidly. 'What happened to him? Did he move out? Am I ever going to see him again?'