Deleted Scene #2: Stop Being A Baby

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

DELETED SCENE #2: STOP BEING A BABY

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"Ouch!" You yelped when you suddenly tripped on the ground. As you sat up and brought your leg closer to you to check for injuries, you winced in pain. You frowned when you scraped your knee.

You and Klaus were playing around the Academy when he suggested that you should chase him around. But you fell over the floorboards just as you were about to catch him.

"Ow! Little shithead!" You heard Klaus exclaim nearby. You forced yourself to get up and turned to a corner to find Klaus was stepping on ants. "That's what you get for biting me!"

"Good thing V wasn't around to see what you did to those ants." You stated, causing Klaus to jump in surprise. "Oh, there you are!" Klaus gasped.

"Are you okay?" You asked.

Klaus nodded and scratched his arm. "Yeah. It's not like I'm bleeding or anything. I just feel itchy."

"You can get some ice to ease the itching." You suggested with a smile.

Klaus grinned. "Ooh! I can use Ben's leftover ice cream to cream my arm. Be right back, (Y/n)!"

Your eyes widened. "Klaus!" You tried to stop him but Klaus sprinted away to get to the kitchen. You sighed and sat down on the floor, looking at your wound. "Hmm..." You looked down at your sleeve and were ready to tear it until you heard footsteps behind you.

You turned around and saw Five carrying a first aid kit. "Um, hi?" You greeted unsurely when you saw he was carrying a medical supply. "What's that for?"

Five rolled his eyes. "For you, dummy." He muttered before kneeling down and zipping open the medkit. You watched him carefully as Five brought out some bandages and alcohol. You whimpered causing Five to look at you. "What?" He asked.

"It's gonna sting." You complained.

"Stop being a baby." Five replied. "You're gonna deal with much more injuries than this little scrape in the future."

You bit your lip as Five damp a cloth on the alcohol. He lowered the cloth to your knee but looked at you to see your reaction. Your eyes were shut closed but Five could see visible tears forming in the corner of your eyes. Five sighed and pulled the cloth back, stretching his hand out to you instead. "Here." He said.

You opened one eye and looked down at his hand. Five motioned you using his eyes to grab his hand. You softly gulped and gently held his hand for comfort. Five nodded at you before gently placing the cloth on your wounded knee. You yelped in pain and looked away, holding Five's hand tightly.

"Just a little bit more, Eight." Five reassured and continued to clean your wound.

You endured a few more seconds of pain until you finally felt relieved when Five started wrapping your knee with some bandage. You looked back at your knee and frowned. "Sorry." You said softly.

"About what?" Five asked.

"For being such a baby." You replied as your eyes gazed down at the floor. "I'll deal with it better next time, I promise."

Five finally finished wrapping your knee and he stared at you. He gently wiped a tear rolling down your cheek. "Hey." Five softly called out. "I'm sorry for being harsh. I'm just annoyed since most of the people here keep whining about small things. We're young and besides, it's better you tell me what you actually feel than hiding it."

You looked at Five and smiled. Five smiled back and pushed your knee down to fix your skirt properly. "You can whine about anything and I wouldn't even mind."

You giggled and tilted your head in curiosity. "I'm an exception?"

Five shrugged. "Sure."

"That's kinda unfair to the others."

"They can all take care of themselves." Five replied. "And I'm done with their shit, anyway."

You gasped and lightly slapped Five's arm. "Rude!" You scolded.

Five chuckled, stood up, and helped you get up. "Come on. I can make you a sandwich to make you feel all better."

-•-°-•-°-☆

Deleted scenes are deleted parts from a chapter that I wrote but didn't make it to the final published chapters.

Can y'all suggest a song for Little (Y/n) and Older (Y/n)? I wanna make a drawing about how different they are :')