Chapter Ten: The Grandfather Paradox

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER TEN: THE GRANDFATHER PARADOX

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

To protect Mr. Pennycrumb from Five's sped-up and dangerous driving, you set him down on your lap and wrapped him in one arm like a seatbelt. He needed to go back to the Hotel Obsidian quickly to let his other siblings know what was going on. You and Five also discovered that the other women who had been discovered deceased were your mothers after finding out that Klaus's mother had passed away before he was born. Nothing about it made you feel better.

First, your grandfather passed away. And now, you found out that your mother passed away long before she gave birth to you.

You hastily grabbed Klaus' book from the open space separating you and Five and carefully turned the pages to look for Klaus' and Five's mother. While Five and Klaus continued their discussion of what might have happened, you paused as you reached a page of your mother.

There was a newspaper clipping of her and you finally got to see her face. Back in the first timeline, you didn't have a lot of images of your mother. Even your memory of her appearance is hazy.

"Ugh! Why is this so confusing!" Klaus whined before patting the empty spot where he had previously put the book

"Ugh! Why is this so confusing!" Klaus whined before patting the empty spot where he had previously put the book. "Oh, God... where—where's the fuckin' book?" Klaus slightly panicked as he looked around until he turned his head to see you. Klaus checked on you as he ignored Five's complaints that his retirement was coming to an end too soon due to what was occurring.

As you moved your fingers over the newspaper clipping, Klaus saw your sorrowful expression. "You good there, sis?" He asked in a worrisome tone that was loud enough to silence Five.

You didn't let your gaze leave the newspaper cutting. "I used to be mad at my mother for giving me to Reginald..." You muttered. "...but I still loved her."

It was just you who had the opportunity to reconnect with your first family among the Hargreeves. Klaus and Five were therefore aware of how much the information had an impact on you.

Five gave you a quick glance before returning to his focus on the road. "We're gonna figure this out, (Y/n), don't worry." He put his hand on your thigh and gave you a reassuring squeeze.

When you turned the page, you saw a picture of a woman named Efa who was purported to be a butcher. You were aware right away that the woman you were staring at was Five's mother based on how she looked and how she was described. You smiled. "I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." You lifted the book and displayed the image of Five's mother to Klaus and Five. "Five's momma is a butcher." You said, trying to lift the mood.