Chapter Thirteen: Stop Being Weird

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: STOP BEING WEIRD

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

Jayme and Alphonso were enjoying some snacks in the lounge when Jeanie barged inside the Hargreeves Mansion and completely ignored them. Christopher, who was behind Jeanie, floated away to his room. Jayme noticed Jeanie was upset, so she excused herself from Alphonso and went over to the young woman. "Jeanie!" She called out to catch Jeanie's attention. As she turned to face Jayme, Jeanie eyed her. "You okay?"

"Not really. I just need to talk to the old man," As she spoke, Jeanie cast a quick check across Reginald's office. "He's got some explaining to do."

"Well, good luck," Jayme said. "The old man stinks in there."

Jeanie nodded and turned to leave, but Jayme took hold of Jeanie's wrist and tugged her into her. "What?" In shock at Jayme's actions, Jeanie let out a squeak. Jeanie's hair had a leaf in it that Jayme removed. "You got a leaf in your hair. Sorry."

"Oh..." Before smiling at Jayme, Jeanie straightened her hair. "Thanks."

"Oh, and be ready for later." Jayme reminded. "According to Ben, we're going to fight the Umbrellas at the Hotel Obsidian later."

After a brief moment of silence, Jeanie grinned broadly at Jayme. "Can't wait to kick their asses." She responded and hurried off to interrogate Reginald in his office. Jayme sighed and turned around to go back to Alphonso.

When Jayme noticed Alphonso smirking, her brows wrinkled. "I saw that." Alphonso teased.

Alphonso was hissed at by Jayme as she chucked a pillow at him. "You didn't see shit, asshole. Stop being weird."

"You're just jealous Sloane is extremely close to Jeanie than you are."

As Jayme took a seat next to Alphonso, she rolled her eyes. "Yeah, because I get to be stuck around you."

"Aww, you don't want me anymore, J?"

"Can't you see how happy I am around you?" Jayme sarcastically asked. Suddenly, the two got into a petty argument, with Jayme hurling a pillow at Alphonso while he kept trying to make fun of her.

When Jeanie knocked on Reginald's door, she could barely make out the conversations inside. Another voice came from within as she pushed her ear closer to the door.

"Why do your children keep barging in here?!" Someone was loudly whispering, which Jeanie overheard.

"Just hide!" Jeanie could hear Reginald responding.

When Jeanie opened the door, she noticed Reginald was by himself. She turned and looked around to look for the second voice. "Who were you talking to?" She asked sternly.

Reginald peeked at the television while taking a quiet inhale. "You just heard the movie I was watching, Number Eight." He told a lie before sitting back down on his chair. "So, what brings you here, child?"

Jeanie slammed the door shut as she made her way over to Reginald, pulling out her file and dumping it on the desk in front of him. "Explanation. Now."

Reginald adjusted his monocle as he took a closer look at Jeanie's file. "Well, it's your file."

"It says I was born on September 30 in 1989 and not October 1." Jeanie hissed. "Care to explain how and why did this happen?"