Chapter Seventeen: Operations Bunker

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: OPERATIONS BUNKER

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

You discovered that you were still lying on the ground when you opened your eyes. With a splitting headache, you moaned in pain. 'Goddamn...' You attempted to recollect what had happened earlier as you turned to face the wall.

"I heard a rumor..." Your eyes widened when you remembered what Allison had done. "...that you're going to do exactly as I say."

She rumored you.

The last time she rumored you were when you two were kids. And one of the reasons why your brain got messed up was because of her powers. You thought that maybe that's the reason why your brain was fragile and fractured. You were trying to resist Allison's before but ended up failing. In addition, once Luther struck you, you were left with just hazy fragments of your actual memories.

You started to feel fraught.

You were so overwhelmed by feelings and ideas that you had no idea where to begin.

'I should've just helped Allison...'

'But she rumored me! That was out of line because she forced me.'

'All she wanted was to see her daughter. Just like I want to see Nico again...'

'I'm so weak. I should've been successful—'

'Fuck!'

You clutched both of your hands to the sides of your head with your other hand trying to punch the side of your head. You feel like you wanted to throw up. You needed to breathe.

You sprang up and sprinted out of your room, oblivious to Chet who was strolling by with a cart full of cleaning supplies. 'I need to go. I need to leave. To think.'

Your departure from the hotel was swift, and the Hargreeves siblings failed to notice you. Even though it was already dark, you didn't care. You stepped forward but halted when you realized that the Russell residence is no longer available for your place of comfort since Nico was dead. 'Nico...'

You ran. The distance to the graveyard didn't matter to you. You moved as quickly as you could. Before raising yourself up and utilizing your abilities to look for the cemetery, you took a quick look at your hands. You landed with ease at the entrance of the cemetery. You weren't shocked that there were no people in the area of the graveyard because individuals were going missing.

You approached your grandfather's gravestone and knelt down. Since no one was left to maintain the gravestones, you cleaned them by removing the dry leaves from your grandparents' graves. Aside from that, you desired to pay your parents a visit but were unaware of their last resting place.

You sat down on the grass and pulled out a picture of your mother and father. "Hi, Papa..." You greeted Nico before glancing at Maree's tombstone. "And Grandma. I wish we met so I would know what to call you."

You sighed as you set the picture down. "A lot is happening right now." You confessed as you started fiddling with your fingers. "Five is gone at the moment, my family is... kind of stressed and all over the place, there's this old man that Viktor used to babysit, and... Allison..." You looked down at your shaking hands. "She..." You shook your head. "I can feel my powers getting out of hand."