Chapter One: They Are The Sparrows

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER ONE: THEY ARE THE SPARROWS

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

The Hargreeves siblings and you both felt shocked and perplexed. Sir Reginald Hargreeves appeared to be alive and was standing in front of you. When you first arrived at the house you formerly called home, you immediately noticed several changes, such as the painting that now features Ben's face but was previously Five's. "You're alive," Luther declared softly.

"Why shouldn't I be?" Reginald questioned.

Luther blinked his eyes in confusion. "Yeah. Y-Yeah, you're right. I'm... I'm just happy that we're home and... together again."

'Something's not right here.' You thought to yourself.

"Home? This isn't your home." Reginald stated.

You shook your head. 'Definitely not right.'

"What are you talking about?" Allison asked. "This is the Umbrella Academy."

"Wrong again," Reginald replied. "This... is the Sparrow Academy."

You and the Hargreeves siblings heard footsteps behind you. When you all turned to look, you saw five strangers standing on the balcony with a strange cube floating behind them. Diego pulled out his knife in defense until everyone looked down to see a man walking into the room.

"Dad, who the hell are these assholes?" The man asked aggressively.

When it was revealed that the man was Ben Hargreeves, alive and wearing a different uniform, your jaw dropped and your eyes widened. The Umbrella Academy all said the same word at the same time as they stared in shock at the man they were staring at. "Shit."

Klaus cracked a smile when his eyes landed on Ben. "Ben." He softly called out with a small chuckle. Ben switched his focus to Klaus while Luther moved forward to have a better look at Ben. "Is that really you?"

"And who are the weirdos on the balcony?" Diego asked loudly as he glared at the Sparrow Academy causing Klaus to flinch at every word Diego spoke.

"They are the Sparrows." Reginald introduced. "My children."

You were taken aback as the others—including Five—turned to face Reginald. "I'm sorry, what?" You questioned incredulously.

"What do you mean, your children?" Five asked while shaking his head. "That's not possible, old man."

"Of course it is!" Reginald exclaimed as the Sparrows walked down to properly face you and your family. "I think I'd know, wouldn't I?"

"Everybody else can see Ben, right?" Klaus asked you and the others as he looked back at Ben from the Sparrows.

"Cute hat, Sundance." Ben mocked Klaus, and in response, Klaus tipped his hat.

"They call themselves the Umbrella Academy," Reginald told the Sparrows. "A group of scheming, perfidious malcontents who accosted me in the fall of 1963 when I was away on business in Dallas. Be warned, they claim to be my spawn."

Five turned his head in order to check the briefcase he left in the other room. You turned to face Reginald with your head tilted and a false frown on your face. "Aww, and I thought we had our moment. That's crushing to hear."

As Allison moved forward, Reginald caught her gaze as she stared at him in complete shock. "Claim?" She asked before turning to face Five. "Look, Five, what the hell is going on?"