Recap

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreaves x reader

RECAP
as told by Number Eight

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

Let's recap, eh?

Well... a long recap.

Sir Reginald Hargreeves, an eccentric billionaire and our "lovely" father, has adopted 8 children in his home and called us the Umbrella Academy.

Number One, Luther, has the power of superhuman strength and has a body of a monkey. He has daddy issues and was even sent to the Moon for a "mission."

Number Two, Diego, a vigilante who has the power to manipulate the directions of bullets or knives or maybe any other things. He loves our robot mom so much and had two ex-girlfriends.

Number Three, Allison, an actress who has the power to manipulate anyone with the words "I heard a rumor..." which is a bit scary. She's like a mother to us too and I'm not surprised since she's literally a mother to one child. Too bad she can't see or visit her.

Number Four, Klaus, a drug addict who has the power to summon ghosts and even commune with them. He's one of my favorite brothers. He had a lover named Dave, who I think I met in the 1960s. Did I already mention Klaus is still pretty cool and funny even if he's high? No? Well, now you know.

Number Five, The Boy, an old little man, who got stuck in an apocalyptic future when his time travel gone wrong. He can spatial jump and be a pain in the ass. He got stuck in his 16-year-old body when he came back to 2019. He's an asshole most of the time but he can be sweet when he wants to. I never considered him as a brother, though.

Number Six, Ben, my dead brother who had the power to release some monstrous tentacles from his chest. He didn't really like his powers but I think it's pretty useful. I love him and I miss him.

Number Seven, Viktor, my best friend and my shy brother who was said to be normal and powerless but turns out, he has powers and he's a ticking time bomb. He was the cause of two apocalypses but I still love him.

And me, Number Eight, (Y/n), who's supposed to be the youngest because I came to the Academy late even though we have the same ages. I have the power to move things with my mind, blast psionic energy, and can even read or see someone's thoughts whether it's intentional or not.

I never really considered them as my family before but still called them as my brothers and sister. All except for Five. We weren't siblings by blood so it never felt a family until I realized when I grew older that they're still my family even if we're not related.

We were superheroes but abandoned that occupation when we grew older. We went on our separate ways: Luther was on the Moon but still working for Dad, Diego was a vigilante, Allison was an actress, Klaus became a drug addict, Five got stuck in an apocalyptic future and grew old there with a fucking mannequin, Ben was dead but he became a ghost that follows Klaus around, and Viktor wrote a book about us, his family, and worked as a violinist in the third chair.

And then there's me. I tried to live normally and even attending college. I had a job, a stable apartment, a goofy roommate, and a boyfriend but eventually we broke up. Until one night, Dad stole me from my own apartment and experimented on me. He was trying to reduce my powers since he knew they were dangerous. When the experiment failed, my powers grew a lot stronger and somehow my body turned back into a 15-year-old. Then he decided to freeze me until he died.