Chapter Eighteen: Feel The Anger

THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY
fraught || five hargreeves x reader

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN: FEEL THE ANGER

Written By: peachyhxlland

°•.☆.•°

"Is that... me?"

After hearing Five's uncertainty regarding his own query, Lila blinked her eyes in perplexity. "What makes you say that?"

Before returning his attention to his older self, Five casts a quick peek around the room. "It's just... it felt like it, but... it doesn't make sense."

Lila stared at Five before bursting into laughter and clapping her hands in hysteria. "No way." She said between her loud laughs. "So this whole time you've been complaining about the Commission, and you're the one who founded it. Classic."

Five shook his head. "If I did, I have no memory of it."

"So here I was thinking you were a maverick, but you're a company man, down to the bone. I mean, you..." Lila broke into a burst of laughter again. "You literally cannot breathe without this place."

"No, no. Something's not right." Five told Lila. "I don't have paradox psychosis. I could feel it outside, but in here, it's..." He sighed. "...nothing."

"Never were too bright, were we?" The old Five suddenly spoke up. "The operations bunker is paradox-proof. I constructed it as a panic room in case of a collapse in the time continuum." He explained to his younger self and Lila. "In this room, all permutations of yourself can exist."

Five stayed silent as his older self continued to talk. "You must be here because of a... kugelblitz."

"Is that like a cheese blintz?" Lila asked.

"It's German for 'ball of lightning'." Five replied, answering Lila's question. "It's an extra kinky kind of black hole."

"The kind that can suck up entire timelines."

The older Five nodded. "Bingo."

"So, how do we fix it?" Five asked as he looked down at his older self.

The elder Five let out a raspy chuckle before ending up coughing, and Five didn't like to witness himself dealing like this. "You don't." The older Five answered.

"If you created all of this, then you must have created a solution."

Lila noticed the tone of annoyance in Five while the older Five coughed and wheezed. "All that will be left is... oblivion." He choked out before coughing once more.

"Oblivion?" Lila questioned before leaning closer to the older Five. "What do you mean?"

In response to the rapid opening of the container, Lila retreated as the older Five revealed the rest of his body to his two visitors. He lost one arm, as noticed by Five. "This is what you have coming." The older Five stated.

Five became frustrated and agitated, so he moved toward his older self. "Listen to me, you ass." He hissed angrily. "I just spend the last 20 days running around saving the world from apocalypses only to keep trying to save the world. Now I am stuck in this pubescent body, my hormones are raging, and all I wanna do is go out and buy a 1970s Corvette Stingray."

When Lila noticed that the elder Five was beginning to show signs of fear toward his younger self, she moved to the opposite side of Five and felt bad. The poor man was unable to handle the hostility of his younger self. "Take it easy on him, Five." Lila gently told Five, but it only irritated Five even more.