78

Zion didn't say anything, he just stared at me like I said something grave. I only wanted to be there during the questioning. I don't think it should be a big deal.

He shook his head " Nope. You are not going to witness that "

I felt bad that he didn't trust me enough " I promise, I will behave and I know how to keep secrets too" I tried my best but he was hell-bent on not wanting to help.

" I don't think it should be a big deal. I will only be there watching and that is all. There are some tangible questions I would want us to ask them " I said

He gave me a look. He folded his arms over his chest " You and I aren't going to that room together. You best go to your room and have a nice sleep as it should "

I stood my ground " I won't let you control what I'm to do "

He raised a brow " Shouldn't you be worried about your mom? Need I remind you that she is still in the hands of your dad who might hurt her? Shouldn't you be planning on how to rescue her "

Those words felt like venom. They hurt. He was insinuating that I was putting my nose into what didn't concern me while my mother was still in captivity. He was right though.

He saw the hurt look on my face and then tried to revert what he said.

" Ella...I'm so...

" Don't " I said stopping him from touching my hands " You are right. I should leave for my room"

I didn't wait for him to say anything, I just went to my room straight to think of my next move as he had said.

****

Jeanette didn't even come over to check on me. It was like she didn't know that a fight had occurred. A lot didn't know because no one came out. A spell was cast by that bat so that everyone would fall asleep. Funny enough the charm didn't work on me.

I sat on my bed with a pout. I need to think fast. How can I rescue Mum?

" You best sleep and think things through, " I said.

I didn't want to do the most unthinkable thing at that moment. I climbed into my bed and slept off. I don't care anymore. I just want to sleep and pretend this didn't happen today.

*****

Zion

Zion was done with the questioning for the night. He hurriedly went up to join Ella in her bedroom but unfortunately, when he got there he found her sound asleep. She looks peaceful while asleep.

He moves closer to give her a firm kiss on her forehead. He smiled remembering her bravery while she was fighting out there. Yes, he was proud that he has a strong Luna but at the same time, it scares him a lot that something bad might happen to her. This is why he didn't want her to be involved in things like this one.

He thought of going to his room but changed his mind. He climbed the bed with her. He covered up with a blanket and also got into the blanket himself. He felt her let out a sigh when he pulled her over his chest. He smiled at that.

She was always a sound sleeper. He played with her hair for a while then found himself falling asleep too. Zion welcomes the sleep with open arms. It was right on time.

****

Ella

She stretched but found a stiff body caging her in their arm. She became alarmed and was ready to attack. She was met with the shock of her life when she saw that it was Zion. She smiled a little.

Ella used that moment to study him. He looks so peaceful while asleep. She was tempted to kiss him but rather not. Wouldn't want to wake him up.

She let out a sigh when even last night came washing back at her. Ella pushed his arm a little. He was holding on to her too tight as if scared that she might run away even in his sleep.

She smiled at the thought. Right now she needs to get off because she needs to use the restroom. Her bladder was full.

She successfully left the room and then raced to the bathroom to do her business. She was in there for some minutes then finally came out looking as relieved as ever.

Ella was tempted to go back to bed but she remembers that she was still angry with him so she rather brushes her teeth and goes down to look for something to eat. She was so hungry.

She changed out of her nightie and was into casual wear. She had already brushed her teeth. It's been a while now since she went to the dining area. She was avoiding quitting some number of people.

First, it was Zion's twin, then his mother, and then his father.

It wasn't like she had an issue with the father she was only ashamed of herself that she ran away while this man trusted her. He was the only family of Zion she trusted a lot. He makes her feel at home, unlike his mom who would always rub it in her face that she wasn't the one for Zion.

Ella rolled her eyes ready to attack whoever attacked her. It might not be in a hand fight but then her mouth was enough to do the talking.

She was approaching the dining area. She could hear loud voices. She wondered if they knew that Sandra was a betrayal. She shrugged not trying to think about that.

Ella came into view and as usual, Zion's twin was the first to see her. He smiled at her which made her feel a little relief. It was a nice smile, not the usual annoying smirk he sends her way most time.

Her footsteps became louder. There are some new faces on the table. Possibly, they might be the queen's friend, she thought to herself.

" Look who we have here "