66

" Please tell me what happened. " Jeanette pleaded.

I chuckled " Nothing happened " I took a spoonful of my rice. It tastes so delicious just the way I like it.

" Please, Miss Ella. I know something happened. The way Luna walked out of this room with those scowls on her face shows that something happened"

I was proud of myself this time around. I was able to stand up for myself without anyone trying to bring me down. I'm tired of being the quiet old Ella. This Ella is the changed one and no one dares talk badly of me and go scout free.

" Well, let's just say I gave her the taste of her cup of tea" I winked and Jeanette pouted.

" Just tell me already and stop talking in riddles" She groaned making me chuckle

" What more do you want me to say?"

" Ok fine," She said already given up " I won't bother you with that topic again"

I rolled my eyes "OK fine "

She stared at me waiting for me to say something.

" The luna came here to yell at me. I don't know if I put it well but anyway " I said waving it off

I saw Jeanette borrowing her brows " So now what does she want again?"

" Isn't it obvious? To leave her son alone that is it " I said with a shrug.

" But that is absurd," Jeanette said.

" My thought too. Worst she told me to my face that she wanted Sandra for him. What kind of a mother will say such a thing to her son's mate?" I sighed " If she thinks she can send me packing then she's mistaken because this time around, I'm ready to fight for what I want without anyone stopping me "

The determination was written on my face. There was no going back.

Jeanette smiled so wide "That's what I'm talking about. Now this just shows that you're not for a joke and I'll support you through this all"

" I'm glad then, that I have a supporter " I teased, and Jeanette giggled.

" Hope you love your meal," she asked.

" It's perfect. So perfect " I said as I took another spoonful of my food.

" I'm glad"

." So tell me all that I've missed. I know a lot must have happened during my disappearance"

" A lot did happen. But I was indoors for almost that time. I was worried for you hoping that the alpha will find you on time " she said.

She cares so much for me and beginning to wonder why though.

" Why do you care so much?" I asked her this bugging question.

Jeanette gazed at me " Because you always remind me of her "
.

I cocked a brow " Who?"

" Miss Hailey. You two seem so similar that I'm scared that what happened to her will happen to you too" she said and that got me so confused.

" Do we have a lot in common?"

" So much more than you can think of. Miss Hailey has a heart that can cure thousands of people worldwide. She always considers others' safety before hers."

" I want to know more about her. Will you tell me?" I asked.

Jeanette shrugged " Of course, I'll tell you if you want to know "

" I'm all ears."

" Miss. Hailey loved Alpha Zion so damn much. She was the eyes of the clinic. She always makes sure to visit the sickbay every blessed day." she paused " In her words, she'll say, she might be the next sick person and it will always be nice for someone to always take good care of her. "

My heart swelled hearing Jeanette talk about Hailey. I wish I had met her before her death.

" What was her relationship like with Sandra?"

" I really can't say about that because I wasn't so close to missing Sandra but all I know is that Miss Sandra is always jealous of her and one of the reasons was she was always been compared to her"

" Compared in what way?"

" In everything. Beauty, charisma, talent and so much more "

I was beginning to grow jealous of her too. Then a thought came to me and I thought of asking her.

"Were they able to find her killer ?"

" No" Jeanette shook her head " We haven't heard anything since then "

" Did Tyler stop the investigation?"

" No, he didn't."

" Then why?"

Jeanette struggles " The reason is known to only him alone "

" I don't know why I find her topic so exciting to talk about. My heart always aches when I hear about her death. Someone I've never seen before "

" That is because you have something in common" She pointed out and I couldn't agree less with her.

" I found a letter when I first came to this room. It seems like a love letter or something and I think she wrote it "

" You mean Hailey?"

I nodded " Yes. I think she was trying to send a message to him through that letter. But I don't know who exactly she was referring to "
" Can I see the letter?" she asked and I got up to bring it for her

I checked the wardrobe. It was still exactly where I kept it. My hand went to pick it up. I went back to join Jeanette where she was sitting. I gave her the letter and she went through it. I saw her eyes flicker a little

"She wrote this to the Alpha This was her handwriting, it can't be missed at all," she said in surprise.

" What do you suggest I do?"

"Hand over this letter to him. I'm sure there are more. This can help find the killer" She said.

" Then how do you think he'll feel about it? I hope he won't think that I saw it and refuse to show him on time. Look, for instance, he hasn't come to see me since we got back from the war. " I said feeling sad.

" I'm sure he must be busy "

" Busy you say? How can he be so busy not to even check on me? He knew I haven't had anything to eat and with everything going on shouldn't he at least come over to check on me?"

" Let's hope for the best "

" I'm tired of hoping"