72

The crowd cheered so loudly that I was beginning to think that I was scared for nothing. I don't understand if they were happy to see me or rather just pretending to be happy. As the soon-to-be Luna, it gives me the chill that I'll be the leader of some packages. A pack I know nothing about

I feel like my gut is cutting off. I wanted to be strong for Zion as he is of great help to me. He assured me that everything will be fine again which I'm holding up to. My heart beat so fast as the cheers died down.

Zion gave my hand a little squeeze then went to the front stage to announce to the crowd whatever he wanted to.

He started by appreciating their effort to be present in this gathering. Some were shooting me this look I didn't understand while others seemed to be genuinely happy to see me on the stage. I was feeling so scared deep inside of me.

This is something I was never used to. I'm a human for goodness sake. I don't even know how this whole thing works even though Zion promised to guide me, I still feel scared that I might fail him.

I took a deep breath. This isn't some kind of easy shit as people think it is. This is like protecting a generation. Sometimes I have this feeling that this belongs to me and I know it sounds kind of stupid to some people.

At first, when I was forcefully brought into this pack, I never wanted anything more than to be back home with my parent. My mom is the only family I have and the only one I know would save me but as I grew used to the pack, I feel like I deserve to be here. I've come across some strange things about me that I need someone to please tell me about but then again I'm not trying to rush things to work out for me.

Zion said all he had to say and like the king he was they all shut up and listened to him speak. He is just too good to be true. I admit I was never a fan of him before but I've grown to love him just like he loves me.

He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. To some people, it might seem so wrong but to me, it feels so right to be able to call him mine.

" I present to you your Luna, Ella. My chosen"

It was unexpected. I didn't prepare well for that. I thought I was ready but I guess I wasn't. My hands shook as people shot me a glare. If I run away, that will only paint me as a weakling which I'm not. I need to be bold for myself and Zion. That man has gone through a lot just to see that they accept me as one of theirs. I am not ready to let that go down the drain.

I wore a confident face and went to the front stage to address the pack members. I could see some smiling my way and others frowning. I'm glad I still have people that like me.

From the crowd, I saw Jeanette waving at me. She was proud of me and at that moment I knew I had a job to do. I have pack members to look after.

"Thank you all for welcoming me with open hands. I know some of you don't have enough trust in me but I promise to change your thought about me. I know at first I never wanted to be among you people, you can't blame me for that. I was still new to this whole thing. "

I could see some nodded in agreement.

" I know I owe you nothing for this explanation but still feel like I need you all to understand where I'm coming from. I was born a human but deep down I know I have a connection with you people. It might sound crazy but I do. I have a strong feeling that this is my home. This is where I belong "

Everyone was quiet trying to apprehend what I just said. I didn't say it just to win them over, I said so because it is true. I feel some connection with them. They are my family too.

" So give me a chance to show you that I'm the rightful chosen one for that seat beside your kind "

" All hail the queen!!"

The crowd cheered and I couldn't be happier. I couldn't help the tears any longer. It made me feel so happy that they decided to give me a second chance. I felt an arm around my waist.

It was Zion. Its scent fills my nostrils. I smiled loving that he cared a lot for me. I couldn't stop the smile on my face. The crowd kept on chanting. It felt surreal.

I turn around to stare at Zion. He looked at me with so much admiration like I'd done the best thing ever. I feel so proud of myself too and I'm not ready to disappoint the people of the pack. They are my people now. They are my family.

I'll do everything in my power to keep them safe. It's high time I begin to practice. I need to boost my combat skills. I've grown to learn how to fight but I still feel like I still have a lot to learn. I'm not yet perfect. I have a long way to go.

If Zion will agree to my wish, I'd prefer he teaches me how to fight. But as stubborn as he is, he would say he didn't want to hurt me which is absorbing. That is the only way I need to learn the hardest way to fight.

A thought came to mind and in that instant, I had a plan on how to convince him.