36

On second thought, it doesn't matter if they were stepsisters or not. What matters is they love each other right? So I asked her.

" Does it matter that they were stepsisters?"

Kate snorted " I get your point. This was what others also thought but what you all don't know is that Miss Hailey wasn't happy with that family. Miss Sandra acted all nice when they're in the mix of people, she is a pretender"
It
This new info got me all confused. Sandra was mad when she was introduced to me as Zion's mate. She even took off in anger.

" But what I saw on her face at the dining is different. She wasn't happy seeing me here"

Late exhaled loudly " Miss Sandra also loves Alpha Zion but uses her sister as an excuse to cover it all. That lady is a snitch. She knows what she is doing. Her actions aren't clean at all and I fear that she'll try her luck this time because alpha Zion loves her so much "

I furrowed my brows " He loves her?"

She chuckled " Like a sister though don't get jealous. He only sees her as a junior sister and nothing more. But she took the love he has for her as something more so she believes if she asks him to do something, he'll do it. What she doesn't know is, that the bond between two mates is stronger than any other "

" So you mean even when her sister was alive, she's always loved, Zion?"

" Yep. She does love him even after knowing that he loves her sister. "

" Does Hailey know about it before her death?"

Kate was dazed, her eyes shined with unshed tears " She knew"

" How? How did she find out?"

" She knew her sister so well to know what ran in her head. Sandra is like an open book and at the same time, she's a witch in disguise. Just be careful with her. She's done a lot of things that you'd not expect her to do" Kate told me seriously and I nodded.

" Does Zion know about this too?"

"That's where the problem is, Alpha Zion never suspects anything when it comes to Sandra. All he is always after is to see her happy and it became even worse after Hailey died. He believes he owes it to Hailey to take care of her sister since their parent passed on"

So much information in one day. It's beginning to ache in my head " Their parents are dead?"

" Yes of recent. They got attacked in their pack by some rogues"

" Who do you call rogues? Don't mind my asking " I said with an embarrassed smile.

Kate waved it off and smiled" It doesn't matter and it's not like you grew up around things like this. Rogues have banished wolves with no home. They come together and form a click to attack packs just to own a pack"

" That's brutal," I said in disgust

" Yeah, it is  " she shrugged  "Don't allow yourself to be bothered over all this. The fact that Miss Hailey once owned Alpha Zion's heart doesn't mean you don't own his heart now. The alpha loves you. You can always see it in his eyes"

I pouted " But he isn't showing the kind of care he normally shows"

"That's because you asked for space and he is trying to respect your wish"

" But I'm bothered. I don't think I want that space anymore. I need his attention, I crave it now " I said feeling sad.

Late laughed so hard that I thought she was going mad " Look who is talking, wow! I love this. Miss Ella is in love. Isn't that nice?" she wiggled her brows and I swatted her arm.

" Keep shut"

"Oh, just admit it already. You were always driving him away and now, you have feelings for him. I love how this is going " she winked

" Let me be " I pouted with folder arms

Her laughter subsided "OK I'm sorry"

I glared playfully" Whatever"

" I'm sorry "

I rolled my eyes then changed the topic " What about the lady you were talking about earlier"

She was confused " What lady?"

" The one you told me about. The lady who will replace you when you go to the city"

Realization dawns on "Oh yes I now remember. Do you want to see her now ?"

I nodded " Yes if that is possible "

Kate nodded then got up " I'll get her for you now "

I was grateful. She finally left but then again I haven't asked her this question that has been bugging me while she was telling me about Hailey. I want to know how Kate knows so much about Hailey. The information she gave was too vital for a maid like her. She must have some close relationship with Hailey and I want to find out.

I let out a loud sigh and then checked the time. I was surprised to see how long time had passed. The sum has gone down already. Zion hasn't come to check on me yet.

I got up and went on to save my full bladder from busting. I was out of the bathroom for a few minutes lady and hunger was beginning to set in again. How am I going to get food? I can't go to the dining after what happened earlier.

I was sad. I need something to entertain me. I can't be in this room following a daily routine, I need to go out and make friends even if it's in this pack.

A knock cut me off.

" Who is there?" I asked but the intruder didn't say anything.

I got up " Who the hell is there?" I asked again.

The door flew open and a furious Zion walked in.

" It's you?"

He rolled his eyes " Yes it's me. What the hell were you thinking pulling that kind of stunt together with Xander"

I raised a brow " Are you for real? Are you asking me this? Shouldn't I be the angry one here? You brought a visitor into this home and you didn't know think of introducing her to me. I thought I was your mate"

" Look who is now talking about mate. I vividly remember how you never want to be my mate so what changes? Tell me. Who I bring into this house doesn't matter to you so tell me why you now want to be informed?"

I was hurt by his words " I thought I meant something to you. Why isn't that respect there? Why do you love to make me look like a full in front of your family? I also have my self-respect, Zion, I also need some respect here. If you don't see me as the best fit for that respect then send me back home.  I can't compete with someone I don't even know. I have no issues with her but in the same way, you respect her and her sister, I also need that respect too. I have human feelings too"

." You are nothing Like Hailey and will never be Hailey"

" Hailey? So that's her name ?" I pretended to be oblivious. Didn't want him to know that I found out something about her today.