Twelve

Stella was persistent, she wanted to know where I was last night. She had her hand on her waist ready to hear me speak and I didn't give any indication that I'd speak

She pouted "Really? You won't say anything ?"

I rolled my eyes " I was upstairs where else ?"

She shook her head at me " But why didn't I see you? When I got upstairs, all the rooms were occupied with people having sex except you are among them "

She got me right there " I don't know what you're talking about "

" Don't play games with me, Ella. I know you didn't go home last night so where the hell did you spend the night? I tried calling your line but it was switched off"

I shrugged "That's because I didn't want any disturbance. I was already asleep"

" I don't know why I find it hard to believe" She gave me a look " You were with someone, my instinct tells me you were with someone last night," she said and came right beside me.

Stella sniffed the air like a dog " You smell different "

" Are you now a dog?"

She glared at me "Don't call me that "

" Then stop acting like this. What is it with I smell differently? I'm always like this so I don't understand what you are talking about "

She seems annoyed "You want to hide things from me now? I thought we share secrets so why is yours an exception? "

I groaned "Please stop making me look like the bad bitch"

" Of course, you're the bad bitch. You're being mean to me" she pouted.

I let out a frustrated sigh "Okay fine. You were right"

" Finally she speaks. You were with a guy, right? "

I furrowed my brows at her "Stop making it sound as if I was whoring myself "

" Oh please! We all know you are a good girl so you've got nothing to worry about "She pinched my cheeks like a small girl

" Hey," I swat her hands away.

Stella laughed hard "So tell me what happened last night in detail. Don't you dare miss a point"

I rolled my eyes and then lay flat on the bed. We were having a girl's time at my house. I'm sure she wanted to make up for ditching me the last night "Tell me please " she was staring at me.

" I gave it away Stella" I blurted out.

" Gave what away? " She asked confused. Aside from my mom, she was the only one that knew I was a virgin.

" Do I need to spell that out ?" I rolled my eyes.

Realization dawns on her "You've got to be kidding me. who?! How ?! When?! "

" Calm down"

" I can't keep calm. This is one of the best news ever. My friend is now a big girl" she teased while I rolled my eyes at her.

When she finally got herself together, I continued.

" He is someone you know," I said.

She looks confused "Someone I know? Alex?"

" God no! Not him"

I could see the relief on her face. I knew she had something for Alex.

"Then who?"

" Zion"

" What?!" She yelled.

I expected her to be calm about it but she seemed mad, really mad " How can he do that to you?!"

" Calm down Stella. He didn't do it forcefully. We both agreed to it " I tried explaining

" But he should have known better to ask for my permission first," she said but I think there was more meaning to what she said.

" I don't get you, you aren't my mother so why would he ask for your permission? I thought we agreed last night that we will enjoy ourselves and whatever happened stays there so why are you acting like this now? "

Stella rubbed the bridge of her nose "It's different Ella. If it was another guy I wouldn't mind but Zion is a different case "

" Why is he a different case? "

She was hesitant "Just forget it "

I scoffed "The hell I'll forget it. You better tell me all I need to know " I sat upright.

She let out a sigh " Zion is a player "

I shrugged " I know "

" I don't want you to feel sad but the truth is he never gets into a relationship after he lost his girlfriend"

But I thought he said he wasn't single.

"Has your girlfriend died?"

Stella nodded " I know how you get attached to people in time and I also know how it feels when you give out your most cherished gift to someone. I don't want you to end up getting hurt, Ella. Please don't make the mistake of falling for Zion, you'll only end up getting hurt in the process"

People change "What if the reverse is the case? What if he ends up falling for me? "

" Then I'll be glad "

" I know you are only after my well-being and I admire that. I knew from the start that Zion is a player so have your mind at peace I'm not in love with him. Quite alright we might have gotten acquainted but I'm not stupid to fall so easily" I told her. What I said hurts a lot but she doesn't need to know that.

" Are you sure ?" Stella asked.

I nodded "Absolutely"

She pulled me for a hug " I want the best for you Ella and I know you'll find the one "

I pretended as if I wasn't pained. I withdrew from the hug and then asked "Where were you last night also?"

Stella blushed "You know that guy we saw yesterday?"

" Fred's friend?" I asked

"Yeah him"

" Woo! Someone is blushing" I teased "Tell me everything that happened"

Stella chuckled "Nothing much. He took me to a restaurant. I remembered telling him I was hungry then he said to me he has this perfect place he'd like to take me to and you know I don't always deny offers especially when it comes to food."

I giggled " I know right? So what happened next?"

" Well he told me more about himself and he has this little business he is running. He looks like a good guy but I still don't see myself with him. We might have shared a kiss here and there but the spark isn't there at all. " She sighed

I understand how she feels. It's always annoying when you don't have a connection with someone that loves you and the idea of forcing the connection seems like a bad idea. I won't suggest such action to anyone because that person might end up getting hurt in the process.