56

Ella

My legs felt so weak from running. I successfully ran as far as I could. With the little money Stella helped me with, I was able to use it to get some food along the way. I don't know where I was exactly but all I know right now is that I look like a madwoman.

It was already morning and people were out already going to their places of work. I spotted a bus stop along a corner so I went there to wait for any passing bus. I was the only one standing.

It was freezing but thanks to the sweater I wore it helped keep me warm. I rubbed my hands together to reduce the cold in my hands. It felt like ice. I sighted a bus coming in my direction and I couldn't be happier waiting for it to stop in front of me. Luckily it was heading to where I was about to go. I was going home. I know it felt stupid but the best way to draw my father to me is by going home. I'm sure he must have people around to stalk the house in case I come anytime.

I need to be very prepared, I thought to myself.

I stood beside an older lady, she offered me a smile and then handed over her bread to me. I guess she must have thought that I was homeless. I wouldn't blame her because I looked dirty.

I declined politely " Thanks "

She shrugged and then kept the bread back in her bag. I used my hair to cover my face just so people who knew me wouldn't recognize me on time.

Finally, we reached the bus stop and I couldn't be happier.  The stare people were shooting my way wasn't something I wanted at all.

I paid off my fare and went out immediately. I made sure to check if I was being followed but nothing for now. My house was just a few meters away from the bus stop so I could easily walk and that's exactly what I did.

I went through the back just not to draw a lot of attention. I pushed the door and went in through the back door. My house looks scattered. There are broken glasses on the floor. I guess my mom struggled a lot with the kidnappers. Mom has always been a fighter.

" Home sweet home " I let out but we all know it's a lie. It isn't sweet right now.

I collapsed on my bed. I've missed my bed so damn much. I know I don't have much time left. People will come looking for me. Zion must also be on his way to get me too and I can't risk that right now.

I decided to make use of the restroom. I pulled off my clothes and took a bath. A quick one at that.

I was out a few minutes later. I brought out a shirt and trousers. I went straight to the kitchen to get something to eat. I was lucky to find an apple in the fridge. I picked one up and took a bite from it. I was so hungry.

I picked up mom's hoodie and put it on. My hands were buried deep inside my pocket. I peeped through the window just in case I found someone lurking around. I saw no one.

I release a sigh I didn't know I was holding. My hand went to my hair. I put it up in a bun.  I think the best idea is to wait till the sun goes down, that way no one will see me coming out of the house.

The small phone given to me by Stella was ringing nonstop in my pocket. I picked it up because I know it's Melissa. She is the only one that has the number.

" Hey" I chirped in and I could hear her release a breath.

" Thank goodness. I thought something might have happened to you " she said in worried.

I smiled " Never, remember I'm always a fighter "

" Come off it" I'm sure she's rolling her eyes right now " Where are you now?"

" I'm home," I said chewing the second apple I took

" Listen attentively Ella,  the Alpha is on his way to look for you and I'm very sure he is heading to your house first. You need to think fast before he gets to you first" She said.

I got up instantly upon hearing what she said. My eyes were wide, I needed a second option.

" What do I do Stella? I'm confused "

" Just look for a place to go. Get out of the house Ella as fast as you can. Someone is coming closer to where I am. I need to end this call right this minute" she said in worry.

" Stella was...

She ended the call before I could finish my sentence. I paced around the room for a second option. Where do I go right now for crying out loud

I peep through the window again and there was no one around so I made that the best opportunity to get out of the house. I used the hoodie cap to cover my head. I bet no one will know that I'm the one.

I walked as fast as I could. I need to find a safer place. There are plenty of enemies out there most especially Zion's enemies. They won't hesitate to take me if they find out that I'm his mate.

It was getting dark now and I was grateful. I walk towards the bush. A lot of werewolf lives deep inside the forest which no one knew about. If that will help take me to my father then I don't mind taking that risk.

I was ready for anything even if it meant getting hurt in the process. My feet hurt but I need to keep pushing

Then suddenly I heard footsteps. I increase my speed and the footstep also grows louder. They were running to get me and I also ran. Before I could scream bloody monster, I felt myself being pushed to the ground.

I groaned out in pain as a figure caged me. I was so familiar with the scent that I knew who it was.

" Zion?"