45

I stared at the ceiling for what felt like a hundred times. Here is what happened, just when we got back from the morning run, I took my bath and did some necessary. Then I got the news that Zion wanted to see me so here I was waiting in his study for hours.

I wonder what this is all about but a hunch tells me that Sandra must have run her mouth to him. I rolled my eyes at the idea. She is such a child if that's the case. I crossed my legs but it was already getting stiff all thanks to the amount of time I'd been sitting. I got up and decided to take a tour of his office.

I went to the library first. Zion must love reading after taking note of all the books on the shelf. Something caught my eye from my left, it was a picture. I took the picture and surprisingly it was a picture of someone that looked just like the molded sculpture I saw in my room the first time I came.

She was beautiful. So beautiful that I was beginning to get jealous of her beauty. Her jet-black hair fell on her shoulder, and her brown eyes shone into the camera with happiness then my eyes shifted to the person behind her and I paused. It was Zion. They both look so happy in the picture. I was jealous. He never looks at me like that from behind. Or does he? No, that I know of.

This must be Hailey, Zion's dead mate. She looked nothing like Sandra, she was far more beautiful than Sandra and I now understood why Zion preferred Hailey to Sandra. Of course, I know the mate pull is there but.

I turned the picture around and a date was written behind it. It says 25th August 2019. I'm sure it was the date the picture was taken. I dropped the picture back to its normal position.

I let out a sigh and went back to sit on the chair. The office feels and looks nice. Zion sure has a taste and I'm glad to know that about him. I played with the pen on the desk a little then picked up the paper lying on the desk. I'm sure he was busy before he got up to wherever he went.

I began reading what was on the paper. It says, Rebecca Anderson. Why do I have a feeling this is my mother's name? She is Rebecca and of course, her surname is Anderson. I didn't want to panic immediately so I continued reading.

"Kidnapped on the 20th of November. She's tall, has black hair, and blue eyes...

I stopped reading and then panic set in. My mother was kidnapped and no one saw it necessary to tell me. How could they ?! With shaky hands, I dropped the paper and began shedding hot tears. I was so worried about Sandra taking away Zion from me that I forgot about Mom.

She must have gone in search of me when the attack happened. I need to go home. I need to find her. My hands were shaking, I was panicking. This isn't how I pictured my day. I need to rescue her

I got up about to make my way out of the office, then it got open and a tired Zion came in. I was so mad at him. I don't give a damn about his reasons. What matters right now is why he didn't inform me about this. I have the right to know. She is my mother and if anything should happen to her I'll die.

I folded my arms not caring to wipe off the tears on my face. Zion looked all confused. He gave me a once over and then asked "What is the issue?"

I glared hard at him "You are the issue. You are my problem. How could you? How could you not have told me about Mom's attack? I have every right to know.  That woman is my mother, she gave birth to me for goodness sake. How could you hide something like that from me? "

He realized what I was talking about, understanding was written all over his face. " Is that why you attack me like that? Of course, I was about to tell you"

I shook my head " I'm not a fool Zion. I know you and I know what you can do. I know that you never wanted me to find out "

He rubbed his face out of frustration "Why do you always argue over things that can't be easily resolved"

I huffed "You call my mother's kidnapping easily resolved? Then why is she still missing since it can be easily resolved? I'm sure you don't even know where they took her to. This isn't fair Zion. Is it until I hear about her death before you'll let me know? I'm sick and tired of you doing this to me. First, you kidnapped me and now someone else kidnapped my mother. What sort of coincidence is this " I yelled.

He went to sit in his chair and I trailed behind him " I'm talking to you"

He groaned " Don't yell at me, woman."

I matched his death glare " Then answer my question. Where the hell did they take my mother? Who kidnapped her "

" You need to calm the hell down"

" I can't calm the hell down not until I get to the root of this matter" I stood my ground.

" You are so annoying"

" You are annoying too" I retorted " In fact, you're t the most annoying man I've ever crossed paths with "

" But on that night that faithfully day, you never realized I was annoying until now? " He smirked. He was talking about the first night we spent together during the party.

I glared hard at him " I'm being serious here but you seem to make everything a joke "

He chuckled " You started it remember"

" Just tell me who the kidnapper is, period"

He gave me a straight face " You want to know ?"

" Of course" I nodded

" Ok fine. Your dad kidnapped your mom" he said and then I burst out laughing

Zion looked at me as if I was crazy " Did you hear what I just said ?" He asked I guess  to be sure I heard him right

My laughter subsided a little " This is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. Really? And you want me to believe that? "

He furrowed his brows confused " You don't believe me? "

" Of course, I don't. How can a dead man kidnap my mom? It's not possible "

" Oh forgive my mistake. I forgot to mention that your father is alive. He isn't dead. Your father is alive"

" What?! "