68

I wiped threatening tears. I looked him straight in the eyes, I was done, done with everything. I gave him one last look and then went out of the room with only one thing in mind and that is never to allow anyone to look down on me. This will be the last.

I heard Zion calling my name and I fastened my haste.

" Ella wait!"

I kept walking as fast as I could. He was making a scene with the way he was shouting my name. Pack members stared at us baffled.

He caught my hand before I could go far. I stopped walking waiting for him to let me go but he did " I'm sorry"

I hate words. I hate that he uses that often when a confrontation like this happens.

" Please stop this. Let's end this whole drama " I turned around at him " You never wanted me anyway. Your mother doesn't want me to and I'm tired of everything. We were good when we came back but then what was the need for the hide and seek?" I pushed him on the chest.

Zion allowed me to speak out my heart. He looks so ashamed of himself.

" I just wanted a better life with you zion. I never forced anything on you. You forced all these on me and now when you successfully made me fall in love with you, you are trying to distance yourself from me. " a tear dropped down my face and I allowed them freely.

" Ella you need to understand me," he said.

I raised my hand to stop him from talking " There is nothing to understand here. You were never sincere to me period. Then this is your opportunity to let me go. " I said " Don't worry about the whole kidnapping. After all, it's my parents and my family. We'll find a way to solve our problems"

He looks hurt " Please listen to what I have to say"

I shook my head " Nothing you say will justify how I see this whole thing. I don't want to force anything on you anymore."

He held his hand desperately" Please stop saying that. You are not forcing anything on me "

" Then why all the distance? Why?"

" Because I have a lot I've been doing. I wanted to finish all I'm doing before giving you all my attention"

I scoffed " So I don't get to have your attention but she does right?" I said referring to Sandra " You guys even kissed"

" She kissed me " he defended.

" Ok fine. This is why I want you to leave me alone so you can have the best time with her " I said with a shrug " After all, she's always right when she says you knew her first before you know me. I won't mind if you choose her over me...

He claimed my lips before I could complete my sentence. I was speechless and shocked. Zion kissed me so deeply. I couldn't do anything because of how shocked I was. People were watching.

He bit on my lips making me gasp softly. He used that as an opportunity to push his tongue into my mouth, having access to kiss me deeply. I couldn't help it anymore so I kissed him back with so much intensity I could muster.

His grip around my waist tightened leaving me wanting for more. I wanted the whole of him. Zion was a good kisser I won't deny that. We had to push back for air. He stared at me and I did the same. We didn't say anything but looked at each other with different thoughts swirling in our heads.

This man will be the death of me, I thought to myself.

" Never compare yourself to her," he said " You mean the whole world to me and nothing is a match to you, Ella. You own my heart and soul. I'll kill myself if you leave me so the idea of rejecting you will never happen"

" I love you so damn much. I love everything about you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and you alone " he said pecking me on the forehead.

My eyes water " Then why have you been avoiding me?" I asked this question which has been bugging me.

Zion stared at me. I guess he was trying to see my reaction before he said whatever he wanted to say.

" We found Hailey's killer"

I blinked once, twice, and then the third time " Hailey?"

Zion nodded " A notice was brought to my attention the day we got back from the war and so I thought I could fasten the investigation and then tell you everything about it but here we are fighting because of my mistake"

" Who is her killer?" I asked wanting to know.

Zion stared at me " You'll know in due time, I promise "

I placed my hand on his arm " Is it someone we know?"

Zion was hiding something. I don't know why I feel that he wanted to tell me more but he was scared of how I'll feel about it. What could it be? I thought to myself.

" No"

I don't believe him but let it slide. We have more time to talk about it.

" So now what? What is your next move?" Did I ask?

" We'll hunt him down with everything I have. He'll never see it coming " he said looking into space " Same with your mother, I promise to rescue her. This will be the last assignment that will make me stay away from you for too long. I crave to be with you, Ella. Every night I'm always craving to be with you. "

He pecked me on the forehead " I don't want to be far from you anymore. I always want you closer to me "

I smiled " Me too"

" Zion! What sort of nonsense is this?" The Luna snapped

Zion didn't flicker at all. His hands were still around my waist. I tried pulling it off but he wouldn't allow me to go.

" What do you want mother?" He said in anger.

" Are you trying to disgrace us? What sort of nonsense is this?" She asked pointing at people staring at us.

Zion shrugged " There is nothing wrong here. Allow them to stare at their Alpha who is in love with the love of his life"

Her reaction was priceless. I let out a giggle annoying her the more.

" You are a disgrace " She yelled.

" Why, Thanks Mom," he said with a wink.

I slightly hit him on the chest but he pecked me on the lips instead. I'm sure Luna must be planning my grave in her mind right now but who cares? This was my time for revenge.

Payback is a bitch.