Eighteen

ZION

I stared at her beautiful face, she reminded me so much of Hailey. I smiled loving how peaceful she was sleeping. I promise not to let go, not now not ever.

This is my time to be vigilant. Now that my family is now back in the pack, I need to be careful with all that I do.

Xander is back and I would never allow what happened to Hailey to repeat itself  My hand formed into a tight fist thinking about it.

I pushed her soft hair away from her face. I could watch her sleep forever. I let out a sign, that she would be furious when she woke up.

I got up and made my way out of my room, she'll be staying in my room from now on. I walk to the sitting room to meet the members of my family.

Xander was the first to see me, he smirked " look who we have here"

I glared at him but didn't say anything. I greeted my parent and then sat opposite them.

" You are doing so well son. I'm glad you are my son" Dad said feeling proud.

" Yes, I'm happy too. We left the pack for about two years now and I'm happy with the way you handle things here. The pack looks much more different than before in a good way though" Mom said then sipped from her glass of orange juice.

I was glad " I learned from the best."

Dad laughed it out and I couldn't hold it in anymore so I chuckled. From where I sat I could feel Xander's burning gaze. He must be really angry listening to my parent saying these things. It's sad to say my brother also wants this crown given to me. We've never been on good terms.

He coughed from where he sitting, " I'll be in my room" he stood up and left.

Dad knows about the things going on between us, he tries as much as possible to settle the difference but Xander makes it hard for him all the time. I was chosen by the gods to be the alpha.

Since we were twins, we both were put under a test and the winner becomes the alpha. I won which made me the alpha. Xander always wanted this throne, he even went as far as accusing the gods of favoring me over him.

Funny enough Xander has more supporters than me and they weren't happy about his loss so whichever way they wanted it, they still needed to obey me which they all did. The conflict between Xander and I then grew into something intense. Whatever I want he also wants it. When Hailey came into my life, he also wanted her to.

This was why Dad had to take him far from here to get himself together. Now that they are back, I only hope he's changed for good.

Alex's mind linked me so I excused myself from my parent. He just informed me about Ella's mother going to a police station to file a report. This isn't good at all. The first person the police will interrogate will be Stella since Ella's mom was aware of Ella meeting Stella. Why didn't I think about that beforehand?  I need to resolve this issue on time.

I called Alex instantly and he picked up on the second ring " Hey man, I need your help"

I don't need to explain what is needed.

" I know what to do already"

The call ended after that. I let out a sigh,

" Problem in paradise?"

I snapped my head in that direction quickly. Xander stood with a cup of wine in hand. His lips formed into a smirk. How I wish I could wipe that smirk off his face.

" Are you now eavesdropping on my conversation?"

He said " I have better things to do than just listen to the conversation between you and your friend.

" Whatever"

Xander chuckled "You still haven't changed one bit"

"And you still haven't changed too" I retorted back.

He shrugged " I still believe that you don't deserve the throne. You got only favored because Father prefers you to me "

I shook my head "This is one of your problems"

He glared" You always act like a Saint and trust me that won't help anymore this time around I'm here to get back what belongs to me. You are living my life Zion and this will be the end of everything ".

I chuckled not fazed by his threat. Xander will always be Xander. I knew he'd never change. This just shows me that I should be alarmed.

" You can't do anything to me.  I'm your alpha. You should be punished for speaking to me like this but you'll be pardoned for just today. "

He glared hard at me "You worthless piece of shit." He seeth.

" Obey my order or you'll be punished. Don't waste my patience brother, I'm not the Zion you used to know. The Zion you see right here is a different Zion from the last two years. Watch what you say" I ordered  "If you may excuse me, I need to be somewhere important"

I left him standing as he watched me walk to my room. I should never let my guard down. Doing that will only make him see my weakness.

****

ELLA

I pushed myself up from sleep. I stared at my surroundings only to see everything looking strange. I yawned while rubbing my stomach. The event of the last rush back to me.

I can't believe Stella staged my kidnapping. My best friend of all people. Why would she do that to me? What have I done? fact.

I still need answers to all my questions. My mind is conflicted. I don't even know where I am. All I know is that I'm in a very beautiful room that's all. I know nothing more and nothing less.

Someone knocked at the door. I furrowed my brows confused, are they not supposed to open the door themselves? They kidnapped me so why are they knocking?

I tried my luck and I answered " Who's there?"

" The alpha asked me to bring this food here"

The alpha?

" Uhm okay. You can just drop the food on the  table over there." I said while she went to keep it. She should be my age if I'm not mistaken...
When she was done she turned to me " I've set the table, Luna. Can I serve you?"

Are these people crazy or something? Did I tell them that my name was luna?