23

Kate was finally done clearing the room. She pushed the trolley outside and then locked the door from the outside again as per Zion's order I guess.

I groaned annoyed with all the daily routine. I've missed work for two days now and I still don't know when I'll be set free. I need a second plan.

I roam around the room in thought but none was coming. I exhaled loudly tired of the drama.

A knock was heard again and then Kate walked in again. Why is she here?

" Kate? Did you forget something?"

She smiled " No I didn't. The alpha asked me to show you around the palace"

I was shocked " He said that?"

She nodded " Yes he did. I'll be your guard"

" But why would he do that if he's yet to trust me?" My surprise couldn't be hidden.

She shrugged " From what I heard, he said something about making up for what he did earlier"

I snorted " He thinks he can win me over. He must be joking then"
..

" But a little walk won't hurt Miss" Kate pointed out.

" Of course, I won't say no to a walk around the palace" I huffed while Katherine laughed.

Kate made way for me to go out first, she followed closely. We passed from hallway to hallway. This place looks really big. Finally, there was a staircase. We sauntered downstairs. I was awed when we got downstairs. We were now in a very big sitting room designed with gold. It was so beautiful like that of a castle. We can as well say it's a castle.

Katherine allowed me to wallow in my mind. I just stood speechless " This is freaking insane"

" Zion is so rich, how is that even possible?" I looked at Kate " Is he involved in money laundry?"

She gasped " God No! The alpha's money is clean. He is one of the richest billionaires amongst Alphas."

I raised a brow" Really?"

She nodded " Uep"

I won't lie, I was amazed and happy for him. Now I know why he's always arrogant. He's achieved a lot for himself.

" Here is the biggest sitting room, there are more around that angle. Do you want to see?"

I shook my head at her " No I'm good. I'm eager to see how the palace looks from the outside. I'll prefer that "

" Ok no problem," she said then led the way. We were finally outside and I couldn't miss the opportunity to breathe in the fresh air. I've missed the brightness of that sun.

Kate giggled at my dramatic self.

" Oh please, it's not my fault. I've been in there for two days so don't blame me "

" I understand you," she said with a smile.

" Good. So where are we headed ?"

Kate thought about it for a second then said " Let's start with the park clinic, what do you think about that? There are nicer people there than in this place"

I furrowed my brows confused " What do you mean by that?"

Kate was hesitant to talk " Miss Ella, there are people here who you shouldn't trust. Not everyone is as nice as they seem"

I nodded holding onto her warning. I'm not stupid to trust anybody.

" Thanks for the head-up"

" I'm always at your service"

People were staring and it was becoming uncomfortable. Some gave me bad eyes as if I was some trash. How dare they?

" Avoid them. They are always like that"

I glared right back at the people staring. I can't stand people like them. I've had enough at the office and now coming here reminds me of those gossipers at the office.

Kate held my hand and practically dragged me when she saw that I made no move to end the glaring. When she was sure that we were far away from them she stopped working.

Kate waved her hand in front of my eyes " Miss Ella, you need to learn to avoid them. If this continues like this they will try to hunt you"

." isn't that why I have Zion with me? Is he not supposed to take care of me?"

She giggles and tries covering it up with her hand " Finally someone agrees to it that she has a mate"

" Eww, not that way. What I'm saying is the least Zion could do is to protect me from those people. Anyway, I'll be out of this place in due time. They have to bear with my face for some couple of days" I flipped my hair.

" But why are you so sure that you'll leave this place anytime soon?"

I shrugged " I'm hoping I'll get out soon. I don't belong with you people. You all are werewolves and I am human. There is a difference" I pointed out.

" of course not, there are many humans in the pack and they leave comfortably just like us," Kate said.

I find it funny " How is that even possible? I don't believe you".
She was serious " Believe me, Miss Ella. The Gamma's mate is a human"

" Who is Gamma?"

" The third in command. It seems there are a lot of things you don't know about us. " she chuckled

" I have you to explain to me but not now thought " I rolled my eyes and she giggled.

" Whenever you are ready. No need to rush "

." Good." I said and ended up smiling. I love the fact that Kate and I are beginning to get acquainted. I like her as a friend. She knows so much about these things so I asked her,

" erm, Kate?"

She turned to look at me " Yes Luna"

" Please don't call me that "

"Sorry, miss Ella" she corrected with a smile.

" Anyways" I rolled my eyes " You know so much about the in and out of this palace so why are you a maid?"

Katherine smiled " Oh that, my mother was a maid for many years. You can just say I'm following my mother's footsteps"

" But you are educated. The way you speak tells highly of your Qualifications. Have you ever tried getting a job outside the human world? There are a lot of things you can offer not by being a maid"

I know it's none of my business but I felt the need to interfere.

" You won't understand Miss Ella. The werewolf gene in me will always find its way back home. I've tried working outside, in fact, I have a job outside this place. But I don't go all the time"

" Oh wow. That's good to know"

" Yeah"

" So do you have a mate?"